Today feels like lottery win!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Today I was seen by 2 year student at physiotherapist. She actually did stretches on ankle. (Previous appointments have been a quick 10-15 minutes with only talking and the odd push on ankle). The student today did quite a bit of malipulation. This is what I have felt was needed in all previous appointments. 

I came away from appointment feeling confident enough to walk partly down corridor unaided, no crutches and no limp. Absolutely thrilled bearing in mind three weeks ago didn't think would walk again.

It has been a long four months but exercises, patience and belief "I would get there" is finally paying off.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gill

I am 10 weeks post op after having dislocation repaair, pins and plate put into ankle.

I started physio 4 days after plaster removal, no manipulation for first 2 visits, just exercises but for the last 2 weekly visits the foot and ankle have been manipulated. Like you I found such a difference afterwards. Today the whole foot was manipulated and I can now walk without any aids and the whole area is more comfortable. I still take paracetamol but feel I am making really good progress now.  I am so fortunate to have had very good NHS physios who know what is required.  It is so important to keep exercising even when the aches and pains make it difficult at times. Best wishes for continued good recovery.

• Posted

Thanks Beryl, still a way to go but have seen a vast improvement in the last two weeks. One hurdle achieved today was to walk upstairs.

i know still away to go and have been told just expect 75% useage of ankle back but after the last 4 months that do me, who knows might prove the experts wrong. 😀

Pain wise I can cope without painkillers, it's the tightness the problem, also scar not healing. Fingers crossed this soon improve.

Really pleased to hear of your improvement and wish everyone on here a good recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.