Today I started Paxil 20mg for anxiaty/Depersonalization

Posted , 3 users are following.

Need help!!!! I have had depression/Anxiaty now Depersonalization since January 2018. I am tired of living with all these scary fellings confused, feeling detached,not feeling like my self, feeling like I am gonna pass out every minute 24/7 feeling soo desperate I dont know what to do anymore has anybody used paxil for this my dr also prescribed me Lorazepam 0.5 I am soo tired of feeling like this every second need advice please!!!😔😞

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hilda,

I also experience depersonalization and anxiety. I was on paxil for 14 years and it really helped both the anxiety and depersonalization. It did, however, stopped working two years ago and I've been trying other medications and therapy since then. I completely understand the feelings you are experiencing. Have you tried CBT or mindfulness? Also, there are excellent self-help books on overcoming depersonalization disorder and anxiety. Hang in there.

• Posted

Hey jaysan thanks very much for responding it really helps alot. My dr prescribed me 40mg paxil but i started today with 20mg i am scared of the sidde effects. Do you remember with how much mg you started the paxil and how long did it take for it to start working? I am really loosing hope I am gonna recover I took Velantafaxine and escitalopram and they were awful they made my depersonalization feelings 2x worse plus pannic attacks. I am hopping this paxil will work I started taking Lorazepam 0.05 mg too twice a day
    • Posted

I started with 20mg and it took about 4 weeks to kick in.
    • Posted

Should i take the whole pill of 40 mg tomorrow? This depersonalization feelings are driving me crazy
  • Posted

Hi Hilda,

I would follow the doctor's instructions. If the side effects are unbearable, then discuss it with your doctor. He or she will either lower the dosage or start you on another medication. In the meantime remember that this feeling/experience is not going to hurt you. It feels uncomfortable and overwhelming but you are not in danger.

• Posted

Hi Hilda...

Did the Paxil help with your depersonalization? I am in the same boat as you. Started getting DP after a major surgery. My doc just started me on Paxil 10mg I’ve been taking it for 2 weeks and feel like it’s getting worse, but I also have anxiety taking meds. Just wondering if it has helped you! Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.