Today is a bad day. On days like this I'm convinced I'm ill. Anxiety has gone through the roof.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Yesterday I made a post on the success I was having so far. And I mentioned bad days. I'm very happy that I get good days and I know I'm only 7 weeks in and I've still got a way to go.

Today is a bad day. My health anxiety has sky rocketed. The other day I took my tablet at around 7pm. I usually take it at 1pm. I forgot. So then yesterday I took it at 7pm again.

By 1pm I was asleep. I woke up around 6am sweating. I think it's the heat when I lie on top of my quilt I don't sweat. I went back to sleep and my son woke me up at 8am when he got up for school.

I still felt so sleepy. Disorientated, or detached might be a better word. Motivation has been zapped. I could happily sit on my bed and not move, or fall asleep. I'm trying not to sleep.

I fell asleep again around 11am and then woke up at 3pm to my partners school alarm going off.

Still very sleepy! I don't understand how. Past 2 days I've also had awful bowel movements. I'm eating more now - I eat at least a good meal per day. Could be related, or it could be because I changed the time of my meds.

I'm now convincing myself I have a health problem and that's why I'm having problems. Feel so low sad

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

What meds are  you for health anxiety I have it too but Not on meds yet I started panicking about my health around half hour ago now I feel all fuzzy n numb sick with worrying to much I fu**in hate this xxxx
    • Posted

I'm on 150mg Sertraline for anxiety and depression. My anxiety is far less than it was. I hate it too. It's horrible. It controlled most of my adult life its only recently I'm starting to get ontop of it.

• Posted

James

I do not understand your medication times also the strange times you sleep ? Are you working some form of shift work ?.

Your sleep periods would be problematic for many on here, including me. I would be feeling disorientated 

If your sleep is not following regular time periods, going to the toilet will become problematic, you need to move your bowels at the same times every day

What pathway are you following  during your day times. Are you undergoing any treatment at this time

BOB

• Posted

I made a mistake in my original post. I meant 1am, to 6am. I put 1pm by mistake.

Before I was on meds the depression was causing me to sleep late and wake early. Almost the same time every day. But when the meds started working I regained an uninterrupted sleep pattern.

Most days I take tablets at 1pm. But for past 2 days I took them at 7pm. I think that has caused the problem.

I release my bowels at the same time every day. Between 7am and 9am.

• Posted

James 

I take my AD medications one hour before bed, 23;00 hrs, they help me sleep and I feel more awake in the morning.

At night I have supper at 20;30, to eat supper late makes the tummy digest food when you want to sleep. digestion will keep you awake

BOB

• Posted

I am on 200mg sertraline and i take one around 7am and one around 7 pm I sleep good now but remeber you should take them around the same time every day. Also, I take BUSPIRONE to help with my anxiety I take 1 1/2 in morning with the sertraline and 7 1/2 at night with the sertraline. It has really help with both the depression and the anxiety and also with the ocd.  
  • Posted

Hi James get your health physical sorted with your doctor and you may feel a whole lot more relaxed. it could be a bowel difficulty that's being missed and physical health can drag your mental health down. No harm in asking.

• Posted

Thanks Sam. I seen my doc today. He said all is well and he doesn't want to see my for 3 months lol. He wanted to put me up to 200mg but I asked him to hold off for a month or two and he agreed.

• Posted

Finally a doctor who does something! Well done for stopping him putting money in to the pharmaceutical companies pockets, try mindfulness, it might help you to relax. I know I go to yoga which is great fun and helps me loads. You need an alternative to drugs. Go get a really nice coffee!
  • Posted

It's amazing how little can make you feel anxious, I have a hospital scan tomorrow but because I have never had a scan before I am genuinely terrified. You can be lonely in a room full of people, if you don't know anyone. You only need 1 true friend. Just one. Remember that and you may manage better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.