Today is the big day for Trimalleolar surgery!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Today I check in for surgery at 11:30 am. I have a mixture of feelings as relief and fear! But I got to do this to get better. Wish me luck folks will post maybe later the outcome.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It will be ok.I had similar surgery on 28 February.God will be with you.
  • Posted

You can do this! The road is long, but each day is better than the last and you’re taking the first big step toward a full recovery! 
  • Posted

Good luck! You will do great! 
    • Posted

It was done quickly and I am in moderate pain. Taking pain meds and elevating leg keeps in check. So far so good ! 😊

• Posted

Yeah, you did it!

It’s all recovery from here, keep your spirits up.  There is a thing called broken leg depression, do something nice for yourself every day, cry if you need to, then maybe journal.  I wrote some of the silliest things a week or two after my surgery. Ppl wanted to know how I broke both my ankles, so I started making up elaborate stories.  Amuse yourself, I watched vintage tv, MASH, Brady Bunch.....it was comforting.  Chocolate pudding, flowers, clean sheets, a car ride, theses were my daily treats.  Take care of yourself!!!!!!

• Posted

Thanks very much. I will take care of myself the same to you.
  • Posted

Congratulations! The first part is done. I should be having mine the end of the month, I’m chicken!! My friend went in 3 weeks ago for back surgery and ended up with a blood clot in boathouse lungs. She just came home this afternoon. It scared me because I had a Thalamus stroke with a bunion surgery 7 1/2 yrs ago. Strokes and blood clots my two fears. I am suppose to have my left ankle fused. I hope you heal swiftly 🙏sent your way. Please keep is posted. God Bless you. Pray for my fear to subside, everyone. 😘

• Posted

I sure will keep you updated and also sending you positive vibes as well. Thanks for the well wishes and good luck to you as well 🤗😍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.