Today is the day!!!!!

Posted , 16 users are following.

I hope it's the beginning of a new healthier life. I have lost 81lbs this last yr with no exercise, I want to exercise now that I have a new hip and continue with this journey!!!! I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!

4 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wow, that's a fantastic weightloss,well done, Don't overwork your new hip lol
  • Posted

How are doing Erika? Just checking on you today
    • Posted

Great thank you??!! How are you. Trying to walk right again? I hated that limo and I don't want a different kne
  • Posted

I though l had wrote to you sooner erika hun but just realised l have not so sorry.

Well done girl you done it andd what a weight loss to before it you should be so proud. I did what you did to. And started walking without aid in the hospital as my PT was so good it made me feel confident enough to try. And as soon as l got home from hospital l used to practice walking around the house with no stick and ended up not using the sticks at all except when l went to a christening l took one just incase. Brilliant that you are doing good. I have put bloody weight on since being out hospital and am needing to drop a stone at least ot 2 at most. I have started walking more to try and get some exercise going. I also read that the implant itself can weigh 5lb so l have 2 so l might have a slightly false reading of how much weight l have put on. Or maybe not but it did day that you can be a few pounds heavier after hip surgery due to implant.

But l will get there

But a massive well done chick hope it keeps going the way it is

Love

Laura

Xxx

• Posted

Laura... Good to hear from and that you are also doing so well!!!! I still use a cane and am trying to walk more. Tomorrow I am going to the farmers market. I am looking forward to it. I am heavier as well and its quite upsetting. That is ok, I will watch what I eat more and now that I have mobility back it should not be a problem continuing to get the weight off!! Stay in touch and let me know how you are progressing!!!

Erika

• Posted

Will do hun remember 5lbs of weight could be your hip joint. So don't beat yourself up. Plus we are just not doing much to burn of callories its not our fault. I managed to give my car a wee wash today and then went for some shopping and out for a bite am now in my jammies shattered as that was a heavy day for me. I will suffer tom for it probably.

You have done great. If you need the cane use it as it is helping you.

Take care will speak soon

Laura

X

• Posted

Sliiightly off topic, but not. TODAY IS THE DAY that I realised I can at last put my full weight on my right leg! Have not been able to do so since my anterior bilateral! The hip is still in spasm, so range of motion still quite limited, but I can stand to put my slacks on!!!! To dry my feet!!!! 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻
    • Posted

Annie,

Isn't it great when you realise you can suddenly do something that you have not been able to do.

Well done, another milestone.

Graham - 🚀💃

• Posted

And then I was so busy trying to see how long I could balance on that leg that I stumbled and left with less than stellar-feeling hips .... Show Off!!!! But, no great harm done. Everything will fall back in place as it should. And I COULD still stand on my right leg to put on my jammies!
    • Posted

Being able to put your jammies on properly is important, Annie!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.