TODAY? NOW

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel like crap. I saw the primary doctor 2 weeks ago, told him I AM GETTING SICK. wHEN i LIE DOWN I WHEEZE (ASTHMA 30 PLUS YEARS). HE LISTENED TO ME SAID ALL WAS FINE. OK , I SAID, A A WEEK AND A HALF LATER COUGHING AND RUNNY NOSE. CALLED FOR AN APPOINTMENT , THEY WILL CALL ME BACK TO FIT ME IN . AFTER A FEW HOURS AND NO CALL I WENT TO THE COVIENT CARE, LESS THAN AN HOUR FOR THE DOCTOR TO SAY THAT IT SOUNDS AS THOUGH I HAVE THE START OF PNEAUMONIA. COME BACK IN A FEW DAYS IF I DON'T GET BETTER , SHE GAVE ME LEVAQUIN (WHO KNOWS IF I SPELLED THAT RIGHT) , IT'S TODAY'S BEST ANTIBIOTIC WHAT CIPRO ONCE WAS. I FEEL LIKE CRAP . I HURT EVERYWHERE INCLUDING THE HAIR N MY LEGS . I CAN'T HELP CLEAN , I DREAD HAVING TO WALK TO THE RESTROOM. I AM OUT OF BREATH . I HAVE FIGURED OUT THAT KNOW I HAVE 5 DOCTORS THAT HAVE DONE THE BARE MINIMUM FOR ME. PLAN ON SEEING THE RA, BUT HE JUST SAYS TO TAKE MOR , MORE OFTEN,.HELLO TRAMADOL -NO LONGER WORKS. i BARELY EAT AS EVERYTHING INCLUDING LIQUIDS TASTE LIKE METAL. WHEN I DO HAVE TO USE THE RESTROOM, IM IN PAIN BECAUSE PARTS OF ME ARE BASICALLY FALLING OUT. I HURT AND NO ONE CAN HELP , THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

OH AND ONTOP OF IT THE BIRDS ARE STARTING TOFEEL MY WEAKNESS AND SHAKINESS S NOW I AM GETNG BIT.ANYONE EVER BIT BY AN ANIMAL THAT HAS 500-700 POUNDS OF PRSSURE PER SQUARE INCH WHEN FEELING LIKE THIS. MIND YOU WHEN YOU GET BIT YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSE T SHOW OR SAY A WORD , JUST PUT THE BIRD BACK  TO THE CAGE STA , AS THAT WOUL ENCOURAGE BITINGF NOT. IM PURPLE TODAY .
    • Posted

Morning dianosisisalie;   I am sorry as you are really sounding very unwell, as I can't understand all that you are saying???   I TBronhink that you are saying that you Started with the Wheezing/chest problems, and one doc  felt you may have the onset of Pnuemonia.....did she order any chest x-rays to confirm/diagnose this??    Also, from your second input, have you been bitten by ?your bird or a wild bird? and did this happen before the onset of chest problems, or after?   And you say that you "are Purple today"....is that from where the bird bit you?  or your overall colour (as if you are not getting enough oxygen/do you feel that the Purple colour is from the bird bite.....an overall infection from a Virus ???)......are you feeling any better today??     I am concerned as it Could be quite a few things occuring.....if your "wheeze" is getting worse, and the colour is related to this, then I feel that you do need to see a "good" doctor.....and perhaps don't mention your Fibro up front......just tell them re your Asthma, and your Wheeze/difficulty breathing......???.........Bron
    • Posted

Yes, a few weeks ago I began wheezing and the general primrary doctorsaw me and did nothing. Now I have beecame promotely worse and couldn't get in to his office so I had to go to the Convient Care where they thought it was pneaumonia. No they didn't do any exrays. Gave me medicine that didn;t word (day7). I run and own a bird rescue, it is my responsibility that certain birds get their independent time with a human for 60 minutes a day. I have the ones who have severe behavior problems and therefore when I am weak or shaky they can fewel it and it alerts them in to biting me. Yes, the bite is pretty purple. Thishappened about day5 of medicine.

• Posted

Really feeling for you diagnosisalie, sooo sorry to hear that your health issues are soo bad, I have no words......only empathy..as Bron said...maybe see a doctor and not mention you have Fibro..I have done this in an emergency before..unfortunately as soon as some dr's know you have Fibro they tend to blame every symtom/issue you get on it...interesting really as they often wouldn't be able to diagnose you of having Fibro in the first place..mm..take care, gentle hugs...do hooe that your pain and wheezing starts to dissipate  really soon and you feel a lot better..be blessed, :-) xxxxx
  • Posted

A simple BLOOD TEST will reveal if you have PNEUMONIA .....I was gravely ill and I didn't know it..  till I collapsed at work.  Long story short, went from work to doc's in a hell of a state, they gave me a jab in the bum of volaren, and a couple of paracetamol.  Sent me home said if I got worse come back (yeah right if was 5pm on Friday!) so it meant the A&E dept if I got worse.  Well she never even took my temperature!!

Next day I had to be carried/dragged by two young folk to the care, out the car into the A&E dept with my tempature at 39.6dg/C..  Scary...  The doctor saw I was beginning to convulse took my temperature and immediately put in a shunt and called for an ambulance.  I was a very very lucky person.  I only had 5 days left, of which they took 3 days throwing everything at me to halt the Pnuemonia.  If it didn't work intime, 'Lights out'....  

Don't mess around, get to the hosptial and get a blood sample taken for suspected Pnuemonia....  Don't want to scare you, but it's best to be safe than sorry....   As I said I had know idea I was even coming down with anything till the last hour!!  BANG!  The doctor ignored symptoms as they do these days!   The Registra of the hospital was livid... and was ringing that doctor to blasssssT the bajeebers out of her.

• Posted

O' deb, how scary, thanks for the info..gentle hugs, hope your feeling better now..be blessed..have a lovely day...:-) xxx
    • Posted

Hi Deb; thankyou. Yes, it does amaze me how complacent some GP's are.....even though I do appreciate the help that I get from my GP, it does amuse me (for a better, lesser term); that I, too, have to remind him of my need to have blood checks etc......couldn't tell you when I last had my BP taken..............so am pleased that you agree that a "guess at a diagnosis" is a bit too much.....surely it's not tooo much trouble, if the dr suggested Pnuemonia,  to follow through with x-rays to show if there is any consolidation on the lung....and do bloods to find if there is another cause for the "feeling of not being well/weak etc"........hoping you are doing ok today, Deb?..............Bron
    • Posted

I had an uncle whom died a couple of years back.  He had been back and further to his regular GP, who again ignored my uncle when he expressed concerns about himself.  He hadn't felt very well for quite a while, he progressively got worse and did get quite concerned for himself.  several trips to his doctor was a waste of time.  He was being treated like a hyperchondriac and got nowhere!   He became so worried that he decided to take himself off to the A & E dept of our local public hospital where they actually admitted him on the spot into the 'Critical Ward'...  and two nights later he died.   

He could have been treated a lot earlier and also diagnosed with what the condition was, that intially had triggered the pnuemonia, BUT the GP was so dam slack, and lazy with my Uncles health, and treated him as if he were a Hyperchondriac.

We have NO recourse here really..  You can lay complaints at the door of the Medical Council but that is a futile waste of effort, ink and paper.  The Medical Council is there only to serve it's members, and to protect them legally.  So doctor/s who fall into 'a Foul situation' are not punished or made to go back to visit Medical School to remind them of the Oath they Swore to uphold...  and to brush up on doctoring diagnostics etc.  NO, NO  Such Thing Exists Here...  They can be solely responsible for the death of someone because of negligence and 'nothing comes of it', unless the dead person was a well known NZ figure, celebrity maybe!  and family lay complaints and use the Media..  Ordinary Joe Bloggs would be swept under the carpet.. So it is a sad state of affairs here, especially for our Med to Low income earners who cannot afford to keep or ever have good 'Health Insurance cover'.  

• Posted

Hello I'm not sure were you are in the world but I am in the UK I have asthma and suffer from the usual....... When I was diagnosed with it I was given a phunomonia injection which helps against you catching it I'm thinking it's too late for you have the injection now but maybe when you are feeling better it may be worth a discussion with your gp?

Sending love n light to help heal you xx

• Posted

So many different types of Pnuemonia, bought on by different instigators.   Fungal Pnuemonia, Bacterial and Viral instigators and of course the Elderly are prone to Pnuemononia after trauma/surgery and ill health.  

Interesting that you were given an injection to ward off pnuemonia, I haven't ever heard of that.  Weither they do have that here in NZ I'm not sure (?).  Given our government cut backs over the years on Health, I'd doubt that luxury would be available here unless someone paid privately for it.  Pleased to hear your all fine.

(I also suffered with Asthma, chronically since a very young age, basically born struggling with it apparently. 

After my MVA (Car accident) I was later put on Tramadol for Pain, as it works in the spine first the out to the rest of the body.

About 8 months - 14 months I began to notice a difference, far less issues with my asthma, till I realised it had basically subsided to zero asthma issues.  Till this day I have very, very rarely had to use an inhaler. although with any respiratory infections or flues that sit on the chest..  'that is certainly' an situation that becomes chronic.

I often feel that my heart wouldn't take much more punishment especially under load of a bad chest infection etc...bringing on the very difficult to breathe issues.  

• Posted

I get a pneumonia shot every five years and a flu shot yearly...we are compromised....my dr said it was a nesessity..:-)
    • Posted

Very interesting diagnosisisalie (did I spell that right!? haha) and Christine, I am going to ask when I am back home if there is such a thing available here in NZ as a Pneumonia Injection.  We do have the usual Flu jabs yearly, I get mine two yearly, by choice.  We currently do have a very serious Flue strain here in NZ that has reoccured and it's putting our local hospitals under a lot of pressure.  We have Beds in the corridors now in some hospitals.  Pretty bad aye!  Has been the odd death I hear to...  It's hitting the young, the old and the compromised folk hard!
    • Posted

I have been having the pneumonia shots for a long time now originally because I get bad asthma....and the dic listed me to have them..then when I was diagnosed with Fibro he said I was compromised..because I had lie immunity...my flu shots are for a  different  strain if flu each year..
    • Posted

Mmm...sorry....the phone rang and I posted before I checked..

=low immunity not lie....and dic???not doc... Be blessed...have a lovely day..:-) xxx

• Posted

Sorry to hear that, thisis the first time I went with the pneumonia shot or any really. I am sort of against them. I went with it this year. Florida

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.