Today one year ago I was in PACU having just had a knee replacement

Posted , 10 users are following.

Anniversary day!

Just written my last knee journal post on my blog, and wondering where a whole year went to!

It does seem like it has flown, though must say, that first six months seemed pretty long!

Filled out my questionnaire for the surgical centre I had the knee replacement done at. How rewarding to fill out the Oxford knee score with transformed results...so different to before I had the knee replacement!

Only residue issue is its hard going down stairs, bit this is not due to the operated knee but the other one!

Now task is to keep the weight off and be fit and active!

Much easier when you can walk!

Take heart if you are in the early weeks and months.

Patience.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

WOOHOO!!!!!!  I still have 2 days to go for my 2-year.  It's amazing to look back and reflect on what you went through and then realize it was worth all the blood, sweat and tears to get to where you are now.  Good news...if you keep at it, it gets even better.  Don't stop the exercising!  ROM improves, stiffness lessens, clunks start to fade.  It does keep getting better if you keep at it.

• Posted

Thanks Chico I just feel totally grateful. It's certainly a life changer, in more ways than one !

• Posted

Congratulations!  I’m almost at 4 months... in exercising my right TKR I’ve jarred my S.I. Joint and am in BIG PAIN!  It’s achey and I’m guarding it .... and when I twist or move wrong the spasm takes my breath away!   I’ve done no exercises for 4 days now!  So frustrating .... Have only been able to get my bend to 95-100 .     ARGH.... But what I would like to do is read your blog from your experience.... where can I find it to read. Thanks Jenny!
    • Posted

If you click my profile picture I have the information under my profile text. Not allowed to post links on here. My knee story is one of the pages on my usual visual art blog.

Sorry to hear about that pain!

• Posted

Congratulations. I hope I do as well after a double knee. 
  • Posted

Congratulations Jenny, I'm coming up to 6 months a lot of improvements can walk further than I used to. Still haven't got a decent flexion but I haven't given up on it. I have some days better than others. I'm coming to end of my phased return, I had a rough day on Monday as some people think you are 100% fit and I'm not. My boss looked after me today and said if I don't see you sitting down I, going to snack your behind 😂

• Posted

The tiredness is hard, but great you are back even though not quite full swing! People seem to experience improvements easily up to a year and even beyond!
  • Posted

Congratulations! My right knee needs to be replaced to be as strong as LTKR done 10 months ago. Good luck!
  • Posted

Well done Jenny. Your comments and blogs have always been helpful.

just over one year for me right knee and six months for the left, what a journey. Doing well I think although left knee kicking and sore, spring cleaned two bedrooms and up and down stairs about 25 times and I know it, couple of rest dys I think 😄😄 still hoping for better Rom on this one.

• Posted

Yes, wow, your house is definately cleaner than mine ! 😁😀

• Posted

Yay!! Happy year old knee Jenny.

It is wonderful to tick off the milestones isn't it. 

Marilyn 

XX

• Posted

Hi Jenny has it really been a year at the time it seems such a long process.  You gave me some great advice when I had my tkr last year don’t know what I would have done without the support from this forum.  It’s a year for me next month and I stopped writing my diary when I was discharged in December.  The knees great but am having to have rotator cuff surgery on March 16 in my shoulder so another journey starts but if I can cope with a tkr I can cope with anything.  Glad your well take care xx
  • Posted

Happy Anniversary!😄🥂🍾

Glad all is going well for you! It truly is a huge anniversary and something to be quite excited about!😊

I was thinking the other day that my left knee is just three MONTHS older than our granddaughter who turned two in September. My right knee is a month YOUNGER than our granddaughter!

Funny to think that my two-and- a- half year old granddaughter and I have the same age KNEES!!!👧😄

Wishing you MUCH success with each and every new adventure with that anniversary knee!??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.