Today suddenly heart skips a beat every few ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! So a little background... I went to the hospital last night for a migraine that's lasted a few weeks and just feeling tired and fuzzy...While I was there,they gave me an EKG because my heart rate was extremely high (however I have horrible panic disorder and this always happens at the doctor) they said the ekg was fine.

Today, I've checked my pulse manually several times (a habit I do often because of my anxiety) and I've noticed something I never have before,in 5 years of monitoring my pulse bc of panic... my heart seems to skip a beat every once in a while. Maybe a couple of times in a single measurement. I'm not feeling actual fluttering in my chest. Since my EKG was fine last night, should I be worried about this? Could this be anxiety related? Could this be a side effect of one of the medications they put me on (I'm not sure what all they gave but several pain meds) or do I need to worry and go back in?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Ask for a 24 hour monitor , I suddenly developed ectopic beats made me feel a bit odd but was very stressed at time , the monitor did show I was having too many so put on a beta blocker which I don’t like taking , I have cut it down to .70 ie a quarter of a tablet and it’s enough to stop the irregular beats and has stopped the anxiety . I was also on high pain meds for knee surgery and this started at about 8 weeks of taking them, I stopped at first must have had withdrawal symptoms but my heart has settled down . I could have the irregular beat get ecg immediately and it was normal , follow it up because anxiety will make it worse 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.