toddler fall

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. My two and half year old little boy had a nasty fall. He tripped and fell head first into the door. The sliding glass doors to the back garden. He cried for a while and then he was back to his normal self. It was his forehead he hit. There was no bump. I'm a bit worried because his so little. Do u think I should get him checked. ? I've heard that no bumps is worse. He seems OK but I'm not sure what to do. Please help thank u x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm not a dr. but if he's not having any weird symptoms I wouldn't worry too much. When my daughter was 5 years old she fell and hit her forehead on the playground. Her eyes were kind of glassy and just didn't look right... and of course she was crying non-stop. She had the classic signs of a concussion, i.e., projectile vomiting (on the way to the hospital!).  They didn't do too much at the hospital but watch her, and about 6 hours later she was released. We just watched her all night long and she eventually was her normal self.  But concussions are tricky and they can get worse with each one.  But it sounds like he is fine if he doesn't have any symptoms, but you could always take him in and they could do a catscan to make sure nothing was fractured.  I always say... it's better to be safe just to make sure....

• Posted

Thanks Jude. He does seem fine. IL keep an eye on him. It's true it is better to be safe than sorry. I always worry about him because his so little. His just so precious. As is all our beautiful kids. I know kids will have accidents but I suffer from anxiety and I worry about every little thing so that's why I'm probably extra worried as well. X

• Posted

AW!  Poor fella.  Keep an eye on him.  If he seems "off" take him to the doctor or urgent care.  It's worth it for peace of mind that he's ok.  Post an update when you can.  God Bless and give me a hug from me!!

• Posted

What is the latest?  How is the boy??  Hope all is well!!!

• Posted

Thanks for asking. His great. I took him for piece of mind and everything is OK. Thank god Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.