Toddler fell down stairs

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi just wanted some advice really. Two hours ago me and my two year old daughter was walking up the stairs. I ran a head of her because my hands we full with the washing. As I got to the top I heard her fall, she fell down about three stairs. As she's fell her leg has gone up in the air and wedged its self in between the wall and the hand rail. I managed to get it free and immediately lay her down on the bed to rest it. She can walk on it but occasionally she says it hurts. Her ankle has swollen slightly and gone red but she seems fine. I've rang the doctor and they have no appointments. Should I take her to a+e even tho she's OK walking on it or should I just wait and see how she goes?

Thank you for any advice

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Oh most definately take her to A&E now...You cannot be sure she has not broken anything. Doctors should have seen your child straight away....disgraceful.

You need to be sure all is ok & the hospital is the best place.

Hope all is well.

• Posted

Thank you for replying. I ended up ringing the NHS helpline they said because she can put weight on it and walk I should not take her to a+e. They have told me to ring my Doctor back and tell them I've spoke to the NHS and they have told me she needs to be seen by the doctor or nurse. The doctors have told me yet again they have no appointments but they will see if the doctor can ring me. I've got to ring the doctors back at 4:30 if I've not spoken to the doctor by then.

• Posted

Thats shocking...surely the doctors can fit in a child for goodness sake.

Let us know how you get on & I truly hope your little one is ok....

• Posted

Hi michelle, sorry to hear this but you can never be too carfull. I broke my leg as a kid, just pulling my sock up in a temper!!  my mum n dad told me that i walked around on it for a day before telling them how much it hurt.Then put in plaster from top to toe. May be trip to A n E wouldnt hurt, or may be ice it with a towel for as long as she allows . Good luck  sx
  • Posted

The doctors rang me back at 5:30 and said the doctors was too busy to see her. My little girl seems OK today, she ankle is still a bit swollen but the redness has gone down. She is so lucky not to have broken her leg.

Thank you everyone for replying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.