Toddler with face rash need help please

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, my 2 year old has a painful facial rash which comes and goes, sometimes it seems healed other days it dry and cracked - its been like this for a few months. 

We have seen GP and been prescribed Balneam cream which we have been applying twice daily - it stings him and breaks my heart seeing him with this condition, need a fix asap. 

Interestingly the condition seemed to clear up which on Holiday in Tenerfie recently, back in the UK it flared up again - allergy? he ate all the same foods on hols as he did at home, we have no pets, house is cleaned regularly etc.

Im interested in prevention rather than treatment if possible since it seems to be a reocourring ailment, thanksin advance for any tips. 

Rob 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Tell your doctor that the Balneum Cream seems to be having side effects and perhaps they can suggest something else. Also mention that the rash improved in Tenerife. 
  • Posted

Mysterious rashes often clear up in sunshine.   Apart from the sun what else is different when you are at home? Do you have carpet which is an artificial fibre and not wool?   does he go to nursery school ?   Does he play in the garden..if so what does he touch when he is there?   Could it be whatever you use for washing clothes/pillow cases?  Think about cleaning sprays etc.     Is the rash just around his mouth?   Does it itch...does he scratch it or is it just dry? Dont wash his face with any sort of soap or face wash liquid.   A friend of mine had a child with a very similar problem and just smothered her face with vaseline every night and not washing it off.     It may work by blocking the allergen from contact with the skin.
  • Posted

thanks Marina, we went back to the GP and were prescribed another cream and also a steroid cream, I cant see any patterns or causes for allergies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.