Toe Fusion

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had three toes (including big toe) fused in an operation 8 weeks ago. I am wearing the boot for another 3 weeks. I have noticed in the past couple of weeks that when I take my boot off to rest my foot my ankle joint is very stiff and painful. My toes that were fused are still numb but I am not worried about that - it is the painful stiffness of my ankle joint which is annoying me. Could it be where the boot lies on my foot?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

likely because your joint is angled slightly strange and not as mobile as usual. perhaps try some gentle rotations of it (careful not to bang your toes)

The numbness appears to be normal, circulation change and nerves will have been disturbed. This for me improved slowly and steadily once the pins were out.

Good Luck

• Posted

thank you for your reply. I rotate my foot when boot is not on my foot. I have only had this pain for the past two weeks. My foot has two plates and pins which stay in. When I put my boot back on to walk the pain is back. My ankle joint feels bruised and the pain feels like my ankle is ready to snap. May ring clinic next week to check if this is normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.