Toe fusion post op

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my big toe fused just over two months ago now everything went to plan I had 8 wks off work now back just gradually easing myself in some days my foot is more swollen than others I have a small amount of pain but nothing unbearable my concern is I have pins and needles in my little toes and down that side of my foot right back to my heel since returning to work (I have to wear  wellies) has anyone else experienced this or is it just me and do you think I should be concerned x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deborah, 

I'm not sure what a wellie is so I can't help there.  But I had my big toe fused April 9th, so 2 weeks yesterday out.  I am just beginning to feel some pins and needles in there also, in the other toes I feel like ... not sure what the word is. Maybe numbing, pins and such. But its slight at this point. I also have walked quite a bit on my heel as of late. I got bored! So I could have pushed it some. But tomorrow is my first post op and I am going to see if what I'm feeling is the norm.  I'm betting it is! 

Best of luck!

Rose

• Posted

HI again Deborah , 

I just had my 2 week post op and asked the doc about my tingling/ pins and needle feelings. Normal.... nerves trying to come back together... Doc said we go through a huge trauma during this surgery and it takes a lot of energy and rest to heal completely .. Doc said to elevate , elevate and more! And ice!!  And also, as I want I can fully  weight bear.... which is amazing to me. I've been trying but  its quite painful still. 

We'll get there. 

Rose

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.