Toe implants

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anybody here have an ongoing problem after having toe implants? I had a bunionectomy and then nextra toe implants in the 2nd and 3rd toes nearly two years ago. The big toe is ok though a bit stiff (to be expected I suppose) and the 2nd toe has been fine. However the nextra toe implant in the 3rd toe often feels not painful but a bit uncomfortable. I find this particularly occurs in the mornings when in bed or throughout the day when wearing shoes. Has anyone had this kind of experience? John

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi. Toe implants? I've never heard of these before. I'm going to do some research on them and find out what they are. If I find anything relevant to you I will pass it your way.

• Posted

are you sure you have 3rd tow implant ?

whats the name of it if you dont mind sharing ?

i have big toe cartlage implant 3 rd toe doesnt bear weight ..

• Posted

Yes Tamara I am very sure I have an implant in my 2nd and 3rd toes. It is called a Nextra implant and is to keep hammer toes straight. Please research it on google and you will see.

• Posted

just google ed it never heard before

i am on toe related facebook page as well

will let you know if ppl will post about it

• Posted

implanted with what?

I had a 2 nd toe dislocation sorted. they fused th first joint and repaired dislocation.

Nerve damage in the 3rd and fourth toe is very uncomfortable without shoes. They feel like they are stuck together.

Where are you, names of procedures vary.

Kim.UK

• Posted

Hi Kim it is called a Nextra toe implant and is a 2 piece implant made of metal to keep hammer toes straight. I am in UK. For more information google nextra toe implant

• Posted

just googled it. they didn't put implant into my 2nd toe. basically they cut the joint off each end of their bones and fused the two parts together like you would a broken bone. pin went through the two bones and it was removed when it healed. result a toe that no longer bends in the middle just where it joins the foot. and then very badly.

whatever else was done has seriously screwed with the rest of the toes.

trouble with NHS it's such a lottery. had much more complex surgery done to left foot by an orthopedic surgeon and its like a new foot. He's now got to sort out right foot that's been butchered.

• Posted

I paid for mine and it is like you say a lottery. At least your left foot is ok. When you have foot surgery it seems to me that it is never totally right afterwards

• Posted

I had breast cancer. lumpectomy and lymph nodes removed . Part of the healing was what we called the ball of socks stage. It felt like you had a ball of socks under the arm. We all walked round with a hand tucked into Jean pocket to relive discomfort. my toes feel the same. Hence I'm assuming it's nerve damage. It's like having a pebble in my toes.

The armpit is now fine12 years clear. So keeping fingers crossed for toes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.