Toe injury wound treatment? Serious or home job (Photo)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, so I stubbed my toe last night pretty hard and as you can see I've cut open the crease under my small toe. The cut is small but pretty deep and took quite a while to stop bleeding. I'm pretty sure stitches aren't an option because of its location but after cleaning it I couldn't get the skin to flatten with steri strips so right now after being cleaned out it's just wrapped in gauze and plaster wrap. I'm a bit nervous about infection with it being on my foot but is there anymore to be done other than me just treating it at home? 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Make sure to keep bacitracin or neosporin on it too to prevent infection.
  • Posted

Depends what it was cut on. Have you had a tetnus  shot? May need oral antibiotics. Deep and puncture wounds are tricky because of bacteria. Maybe go see your primary care or a doc in the box. You are correct in that it most likely can not be stitched. Also stitches can not be adminestered after healing begins. Good luck and let us know

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.