Toe pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello and thank you for reading this message.

I have a sharp pain within the underside of my right foot second smallest toe. It started about two months ago when I was bare foot in my kitchen which has a ceramic tile floor. I turned slowly and felt a sharp pain in the underside of my toe for the first time. The pain has been there on and off ever since.

There is nothing to see on the outside of the skin.

The pain feels like the toe is split inside. The pain is sometimes towards the end of the toe within the underside. Sometimes within the underside where the toe joins the foot.

Thank you. Any ideas?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Well I have the same kind of pain and no one has ever specifically said why. I have an auto immune disorder and always thought it was connected but I cannot say either way. I was prescribed hydroxychloroquine for it and it controls it. Started in my toes then gradually my feet in general. I have also similar issue with lower back. Do you have pain anywhere else or just there?

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.

Glad for you that you have something to deal with pain management of this problem.

No other pain elsewhere other than this on and off within that toe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.