Toe Stubbed now swollen!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I stubbed my pinky hard against the door frame Saturday morning and felt pain at time of impact.

Toe looks red and swollen around the joint (ball of toe) able to walk and run without pain and only feel a slight pain when pressing the area in.

Any thoughts?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It's possible you jammed your toe just as if you would jam your finger. Try icing it and if it keeps swelling up and the pain becomes more sever go to a docotr. Hope this helps!
    • Posted

Hi Jenn, yes this helped thanks! Just come out cast due to broken metatarsal so have just been worried. After taking a photo on the sunday and monday. Looks like the swelling has gone down and toe looking thinner and less pain when pressing the area
    • Posted

Glad I could help and if the swelling went down it does not sound like it is broken.
    • Posted

Can walk and jump without any pain. Swelling went down. Think im paranoid cuz sometimes foot looks bigger than the other . Maybe from wearing socks it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.