Toe turns white and feels numb, pic attached. Any ideas?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello! I have this one toe on my right foot that occasionally goes numb from time to time. Dont think much of it, but today I noticed it turning white. its always the same toe. Any ideas? Anyone experience this before? Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

No ideas sorry but my toenail is like that. half turned white and very sore. Did you go to a doctor yet or find anything out?

• Posted

Not yet. Ive found a few things online that point to something called Raynauds. Seems like its difficult to diagnose, and its not that serious. I think Im just going to ride it out. Thanks for asking!

• Posted

With me it's the nail rather than the toe itself. One doctor said a fungus and another said not a fungus but from wearing too tight of shoes. So much for doctors . Anyway I know in your case it's the toe itself. Im going to check out this Raynauds anyway .

Thanks for your response!

• Posted

I think I'd consider getting it checked out. Possibly a circulatory issue?

My hubby and son have Raynauds. While I am sure there are variations of it, they have issues with more than a toe or finger. They've complained of hands or feet. It could be entirely possible but it's just different than what I have experienced with them.

We had to be very careful when our son was younger and was a snowboarder. Once he got large white welts. I don't recall how long it took them to go away, but I don't believe it was long lasting, definitely a few hours though (I recall because we had to get him off the mountain and to doctor). We were given liquid Benadryl.My husband has not ever gotten the welts, but it is painful and turns white until warmed up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.