Toenail Removal isn't healing

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had my big toenail removed in late February due to an infection underneath the nail bed. The infection came back in mid March but after a week of strong antibiotics and ointments, it went away (so says the doctor). Now it's April and the wound is still red and raw and it's not healing.

My doctor has me cleaning off the yellow dead skin on the wound every night and putting Daikon solution on it, as well as an antibiotic cream. 

I have an internship in France all summer and I leave in May, and honestly I don't see this injury healing in time. 

What should I do? I can't go to another doctor because my insurance is only accepted at this place. I just feel like it should be healing by now. The nail has started to grow back but it looks yellow.. 

Help please!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.