Toggle

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can anyone see a way to use the double screen toggle to put a post and one's reply side by side. I can get the post up on both sides and if I could just delete the copy on the right and put my reply there all would be clear but a R click does not bring up a delete option.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I have no idea what you are on about!

This is what I find so infuriating - I have better things to do than have to spend ages working out how a new feature works. My washing machine came with destructions...

• Posted

Hi Betty,

The Toggle side by side is for using when you are typing a reply so you can see how your post will appear once posted. What you are typing in the left panel will show in the right panel but with any formatting included. So if I type bold characters here and italics here the toggle side by side will look like this:

The right panel is basically the same as using the Preview (eye icon) to check your post for typos etc before posting. There are going to be FAQs coming soon about the whole site and new features. The reason these aren't out yet is in case we change anything due to feedback.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Thank you. Yes, I realize that but just had a "what if" moment when I put up the divided screen and thought it would be perfect if we could could copy and paste the post which we are answering onto one side and type our reply on the other. Ever the optimist but little idea how tech. works!

• Posted

So it won't make it easier to see the post we are replying to ? Which is definitely more difficult. I really don't much care what it will look like when it is posted,

Is there any way of making this enormous print smaller? It is all so dreadfully spread out and I'm doing more scrolling than I had to on the previous iteration and that was bad enough.

• Posted

I'm typing a reply to you and your post is directly above it.

I've not noticed the type font being "enormous"

I use a desktop computer - never go online on my mobile phone and don't have a tablet.

• Posted

Same here - laptop computer only. Compared with how I had it set up with the previous version the font size is much bigger - and the whole thing is spread out. I used to be able to read two or 3 posts one after the other without having to scroll, now I can't. It is probably something I could alter to make font size smaller but not being sufficiently tech-savvy I have no idea. And adjusting to all the mess at once has been exhausting - since I've had multiple notifications for the same post...

I have typed replies to comments on long threads that as soon as I start to type I can't see the post I am replying to. It depends on how busy the thread is - but also when the reply appears it isn't obvious what it is reply to.

• Posted

Hey @EileenH interesting you mention about being about to read 2/3 without having to scroll... I might have a way to solve this in some way. (will put on to my backlog)

In the meantime, if you use chrome, you can zoom (see pic)

• Posted

@BettyE Thats a great idea. Just spoke to Alan about it, and it plays quite nicely in to adding block quote

as one said 😉

I have added this to the backlog.

• Posted

I have just had a pm from Alan that is in a much smaller font - but my reply to him was in this larger font. How do you account for that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.