toilet issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have taken the tablets for a week now and have struggled to go to the toilet! then i have actually gained 1/2lb.

has anyone else experienced this

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yep its the constipation that is very common, personally im either one way or the other 98% of the time - i drink lots of water or oj, and pretty much have bran flakes everyday to keep my fibre up, this helps the constipation :D
  • Posted

like Sian said it is very common, especially in the early days on the tablets, i often take some senakot if i feel constipated and bloated
  • Posted

I experienced constipation especially when I first started. You need to drink plenty of water.
  • Posted

Hi All...am new to this forum and have been reading through older posts. This isn't really to do with Oralistat but constipation. Have suffered with sluggish bowels for years and started drinking prune juice 3 months a go. A small glass a day certainly keeps the doctor away. I was buying it for £3.19 Holland and Barratt - same bottle £2.14 in Asda. Just discovered it in a carton in Asda for £1.19. I first drank it with trepidation because I am not a fan of prunes (too many school dinners) but it is really quite nice. You can always have half a glass and top up with Orange juice. Hope this helps. Good Luck :D
  • Posted

I also suffered from a bit of constipation at the beginning but all I did was up my intake of dried prunes & apricots and drunk more and started drinking flavoured green tea. Have no problems now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.