toilet paper?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all - I have just been diagnosed (41 years old). Pretty overwhelmed, scared etc - as I am sure you all were too. this looks a great resource - so thanks for all your input.

?I have looking through to try and get some tips and advice - some pretty informative stuff. Again - thanks 

I am confused as to the "don't use toilet paper" ... could someone please tell me a bit more about the reasons. I want to do everything I can to help 

thanks 

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kittie 

I was diagnosed myself only on Tuesday this week , I really really feel your pain . I am 57 I would also be interested in the reasoning behind toilet paper . There are some great people on here who can help you realise it is manageable and there is a way forward cxcx

• Posted

Oh no Jane- sorry for you too. It doesn't feel great does it? At least we are not alone xxx

• Posted

Toilet paper is made of paper obviously and is harsh, wiping every day, all the time creates irritation because of LS.

Tampons are also a problem....chaffing of the skin and you end up with burning and discomfort. I use soft cotton flannels which I wash every other day, at high temperature. Also anything you apply on the skin gets more or less wiped off tampons or using toilet paper. The genital area is very sensitive, ultra sensitive because of LS....

• Posted

Ah OK thanks - I am new to all this. At the moment the only symptoms I have are white patches and changes in size of labia - no irritation ..... yet! 
    • Posted

Take it slowly, use the advice given here and try them out for yourself, until you find the creams and ointments right for you. The shrinking of your anatomy is part of how LS is, it is called dystrophy and it might restore in time back to the way it once was but not always .

Take care and learn to look after yoursef

• Posted

So sorry...I meant to reply to kittie123.
    • Posted

Hi sorry Dani. I just changed my user name as i got a bit scared people might identify me. Lol. Paranoid. I live in the middle of no where so doubly stupid. Husband is away for a month

I havent figured out how to tell him or my family. Etc. So much to take it. Thanks so much for your advice ... it means a lot xxc

• Posted

Be brave, take it slowly....you are all alone, sorry about having to go through this awful illness all by yourself. It is good to protect yourself online, no need to apologize. It is a lot to take in...take one thing at the time....best to let your husband and family know in person....

We are here for you when you need us, with advice on anything....

Take care

• Posted

Hi Kittie, just use regular TP with no scent, and "blot" area.  I use the borax spray after shower and Clob as needed.  Seems to keep it under control.  I use baby wipes for number 2...hope that's not too much info.  Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for that - I don't think any amount of info is too much when it comes to this subject. The more info the better. Thanks x

• Posted

I am also confused by the "toilet paper" but I am sure it has to do with it being an irritation  I am wonderinghas anyone ever used or heard of aloe vesta perineal skin cleanser?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.