toilet trouble! !!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi sorry to be a bit basic, but is anyone having problems pooing???

Ive had back problems since I was 18 ((now 52) had a disk removed. 5 yrs later trapped nerve leaving me with lower right leg numbness. Been struggling for over a year and its now got a lot worse. Having Mri on Wednesday. I know about red flag symptoms but does thus include the ability to push when on the loo? I can't seem to find any info anywhere. hade had to resort to laxatives. I apologise again for asking, but just wondering if anyone is the same.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, are you on any painkillers? I've just come off tramadol and gone back on to Co-codamol and I'm having the same problem, some painkillers are known for causing constipation
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the reply. I have been tryingto manage without them as this is what they do. So its not them. Its like im really pushing but nothing is happening. All effort and no results! !!!!
    • Posted

Something doesn't sound right, if it were me I'd be ringing my docs first thing, it's best to get these things checked out. Let me know how you get on if you ring, hope you get it sorted out soon x
    • Posted

Will keep you posted. I have mri Wednesday. So will see what that shows up. Thanks for comments. Take care x
    • Posted

Sorry I wasn't any help, hope the MRI gives you some answers x
    • Posted

Hiya

No this date is still being illusive, it's 12 weeks this week since the surgeon said it would be 8 to 10 weeks!! im so fed up with it all x

• Posted

Yes u can lose the ability to push. Àfter my urgent operation I tried for over a year to keep pooing but it got to the point it was dangerous so I at to have a colostomy. I lost the ability to wee as well I have a ileal conduit urstomy. Ur mri scan will decide ur future. Try to keep going.
  • Posted

Prune juice ! or senacot take them before bed not during the day and dont use laxatives
    • Posted

I do sympathise with you as i had the same problem, gave myself enemas and glycerine suppositories. Then tried to reduce my medication as this also caused constipation. Now im on the prunes and lactulose every night. I dont get the "urge" but if i can sit on the toilet i usually go. I really think u should see or ring to speak to your doctor for advice. Good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.