Toilet troubles anxiety?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Okay sorry for the gross post but it's been getting Me for a good few months. Like every time I go a number two it's always seems to be like I've got th runs rolleyes I only go once a day but it's always like that. I don't know weather it's to do with the kalms herbal tablets I take or rescue remedy but worries me a little. Can anxiety make you have this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi ,when my anx is bad mine I am the same-it's all to do with fright or  flight responese from our body.It is a good indicator of how bad one's anx is.
  • Posted

Hi Sarah,yes this is a classic symptom of Anxiety! I would talk to your Gp,as there are meds that can be given to you!Anxiety isn't pleasant at all.regards Amanda
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply! Think I may take a trip to my gp then! Glad it's a common symptom! X
  • Posted

I have digestion issues and the runs often. I suspect it is IBS, but then IBS itself falls under an umbrella of all sorts of things like anxiety, allergies etc., so yes, I get the runs too. Not everytime, but often. I also get heartburn, bloating and other things. The thing with anxiety is that everything makes us anxious even our bowl habits and it can be a circle! that is hard to get out of. 
  • Posted

Hi Sarah I no how you feel I'm like it all the time and I have suffered for 46 years have had bad nerves and learn to live withthem the trouble is we are a worrier and every time some thing different comes up we think the worse your not alone and it's very hard but love to talk to u as have no friends here in Weymouth dorset so it would be nice to chat hope your day is good today
  • Posted

I have this too, I went to my GP and they said it was IBS most likely caused by anxiety. They gave me a prescription of Buscopan and I found they really helped. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.