told my mom, she doesnt believe me what am i meant to do now

Posted , 1 user is following.

Well i think i have these threadworms, there killing me at night, i cant even sleep!!

Im 16 years old, don't know how the hell i got these cause i'm always washing my hands and stuff! i dont have poor hygiene!

i really want these gone, ive told my mom i think i have these and she just told me 'not to be stupid' i mean wht the hell am i meant to do now?

i could go to the doctors on my own but i wouldnt have a clue wht to say and the doctors already all hate me!

PLEASE help! would be soo much appreciated!

thanks for reading x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Heya,

I know how you feel, I'm 17 and have found it really embarrasing that I was ithcy. it took lots of research on the internet for me to guess what it was and I managed to actually see a worm. yuk. I was too scared to speak to a doctor or my parents about it so just went to the chemist. If you are sure you have them, then you can get treatment from a pharmacy with a prescription. It's called mezenable -ospen. (think that is how u spell it). I only got this on friday so waiting for it to work, coz i can't bare another night without sleep.

Hope this helps and u get rid of them, x

• Posted

I know how you feel. im 16 years old and have had this in the past also. I have had them lots of times and i dont know why they keep on recurring every year or so. They are a pain in the ass [literally] at night time. I tend to get up and move about instead of sleeping because its not so abd that way. I take ovex and it usually works for me.
  • Posted

Hi, only just found this thread but thought i would let you know that at 16 you are legally allowed to go to the doctors yourself and obtain a prescription and your parents dont even have to know about it if you dont want them too....i would suggest though that you tell them as the whole household will need to be treated to prevent re-infection from occuring....hope this helps x
  • Posted

I have the same problem and its sure a disturbing reality. If your mom wont belive you your just have to see a doctor anyway this problem wont disapear untill you get on some subscription and start taking steps to get rid of them.

This post has been edited as it contained offensive language.

Patient Admin Team

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.