Told my SSCS1 was sent in too late??....

Posted , 5 users are following.

This am I got a letter from  the Tribunal people who said I sent in my SSCS1 too late . When my mandatory reconsideration was refused on the 26th February 2016 they received the SSCS1 on the 16th March 2016???

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

From the 26th Feb to the 16th March is only 19 days what they on about?

• Posted

No.idea. I am beginning to understand and have an insight into how they are stopping what people are entitled.to by playing the system to.their advantage. They do not make it clear when the month of appealing starts surely it is from when they refuse you the mandatory reconsideration ???
    • Posted

Hi, write a letter to the Tribunal people, tell them that you have to appolgise for the recon people for their system failure. Lots of people find they have to have a Recon and this comes before an appeal.  That"s their proceedure, they drummed this up. No reason for this nonse.
    • Posted

It seems to. me that I am going through a DWP assault course to get what I am entitled to. My FIBROMYALGIA is worsening due to all the immense stress I am being put through!!
    • Posted

The 1 month starts from the date on the decision letter. Therefore some of the month is lost as these letters are generally sent via the cheapest postage arriving on average anywhere between 5 to 7 days.after that date.
  • Posted

It is most likely that the date that the MR was refused (decision notice) was maybe something akin to the 14th/15th of February. In which case you had 30 days from that date AND NOT 30 days from 16th February when you received the MR decision notice.

The Tribunal are well within their rights to refuse the late application as are the DWP when dealing with the MR application. There is no appeal process for these refusals.

• Posted

26th February -- sorry!!
    • Posted

The mandatory decision refusal letter is dated 26th February 2016 so therefore if they received my appeal SSCS1 on the 16th March that is certainly.within a month!
    • Posted

It is all down to what the date is that is on the top of the refusal letter. I receive post from both the DWP and the Pension Service - both take upwards of 10 days or so to arrive when looking at the date on the letter and not when they post it.

The latest was a letter from the PS giving details of my new State Pension payment as from the 15th April. It was dated 5th March and was put in my post box last week -  Wed 16th.

If it was something that required an appeal I had until the 5th April to do so - 20 days and certainly not the 16th June!!!

The original poster needs to be more precise - give the date that is on the notice and not when it was received. 

• Posted

Eeerr just seen your reply - yes on that basis speak to the MOJ and point out their error.
    • Posted

I agree with Les there seems to be an error as 16th March would be well within the one calender month deadline 26th March. You should immeadately contact the HM Courts & Tribunals Service and launch a compliant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.