Tomorrow

Posted , 3 users are following.

Lying in bed thinking about tomorrow. It will be Saturday my favourite day of the week. Why? Because its the day I get to look forward to drinking that night.

I've got my drinking down to one night a week but I've got to have that night. It's not though a couple of glasses of wine watching a movie it's hidden drink & then the couple of glasses.

I do think if I cut the drinking out at home I can then occasionally drink socially. I haven't cut it out though. I have it down to one night but what I'm doing is not normal. I've stopped before but each weekend the disappointment of the fact I was not going to have a drink depressed me.

I may drink tomorrow - I may not . I don't know yet x

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Seems to me not excessive drinking since only Saturday. How many units per week?

• Posted

It would be half a bottle of vodka nearly or a bottle of wine & a beer. I drank more frequently like 2-3 nights a week up to 5 on occasion but got it down to one. I feel once I have that one night I can cope. x

• Posted

It seems ok to me and i actually think you can control your drinking if you get pregnant. You controlled it first time you got pregnant so why not second time😁 some may not agree with me but you probably need that relief once a week..

• Posted

You sound just like me. I take it when you start drinking it's bingeing?

• Posted

I would drink maybe a half bottle of vodka leaving a dribble at the end or a full bottle of wine & then a beer. I would not be satisfied with just 1 or 2 drinks. xx

• Posted

It doesn't sound too excessive to be honest. If it's not causing any problems anywhere and you don't creep up to more days don't see why not.

• Posted

How have you been recently? Just wondering...

• Posted

Hi Robin,

Sorry I'm only replying to this now I haven't been on here in the last few weeks. I'm okay thanks. I have still been drinking one night a week but in secret. Last night I drank most of a half bottle of vodka before my husband got home & then just had a beer with him. I woke up this morning & couldn't remember going to bed or most of the end of the night. We had ordered a takeaway & I could see that I hadn't eaten any of it. I don't know if I had said I felt sick & went to bed or what! I was worried my husband had figured out I had been secretly drinking but he seems normal with me this morning.

I told myself yesterday that it would be the last time I would secret drink. That I would stop mainly because I have been researching that alcohol has a negative effect on your fertility. We are going into our sixth month trying & I am blaming the alcohol for it not working. When I drink it's once a week but it is a binge & in secret & I can't remember the end of the night. This can't be okay?

Thanks for checking on me Robin. x

• Posted

Thanks. I confirm that drinking will definitely affect your fertility. I should know since i stopped completely and we eventually had twin girls! Aim is to live longer, healthy Lifestyle and see themgrow up😃

• Posted

Oh Robin that is amazing! Twin girls wow!!!You know you saying that has given me just the final push I needed. I have really wanted to talk to someone who is in my position. I am taking Clomid & trigger shots to help us conceive & been thinking the weekly binge just has to stop. I am 39 in two weeks so I really want this to happen soon. Can I ask how long after you stopped did you conceive?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.