Tomorrow getting tested nervous but not

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I went to my cardiologist last week and he was concerned about the buffalo hump that I have had for years. Mind he's the only one who even mentioned it no other doctor. My heart rate has been really high at resting. He called my main doctor and told me that I need to be tested for cushings. I have had health problems for a few years now. I am have anxiety like crazy and depression. In the last 7 months I have gained 30 pounds, however here lately I haven't been eating well due to my depression. I haven't had a period for 3 years but thought it was due to by birth control. I have the excess fat on my stomach, strech marks but I thought they were due to having a child 3 years ago. Im nervous but Im not either. Because I would love to feel normal again. Im just happy they are getting it checked. Anyones thoughts? I just learned about cushings literally 5 days ago.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Alanna,  Pleased that you have had some results.  As Cortisol is like Adrenlin "fight or flight" hormone I would have thought being anxious would make the level higher.  Pam who is on the firum has cyclic cushings which may explain somethings.  I am sure she will reply.  Once you see an Endocrinologist and have more testa you will at ;leasr be able to aks more questions.  Let us know.  Thanks for keeping in touch.  You are on your way at least.
  • Posted

Hi everyone,  I have to say that I am now leaving the Forum that I started all those months ago.  I feel that I am no longer able to comment as Pam seems to have all the answers.  Unfortunately the method of measuring Cortisol is differenmt in the US, the operation is different  and Cyclic Cushibngs is very different from the Pituitary Cushings.  I hope I have been of some support in the past as that was my intention but never to diagnose or frighten and confuse you.  Good luck to you all. Vicky
    • Posted

You've been great Vicky. I huge help to me when I posted on here. Thankyou.Gill x
    • Posted

Vicky

I am no expert on Cushings and everyone with an experience involving Cushings is valuable to this forum...each person is different ..each has walked a different pathway and I pray you will continue to bring your answers to these questions. All I care about is that each and everyone on this forum who are seeking answers, who are facing this devastating illness, have people who have experienced a Cushings diagnosis that they do NOT feel alone and have people to support them, encourage and inspire them in this rare illness. Why? Because in 1989 I knew no one to talk with about what I was going through. .everyone of us needs that emotional support...

I had cyclic cushings..yes..it is pituitary surgery. .mine at the time was operated through the mouth...however this time with my reocurring pituitary tumor it will be operated on through the nose. I see nose surgeon March 25th. This tumor is large..the size of a quarter.

But I do not know anything about those with tumors on the adrenal glands. And this forum I see that many of you are from England and Scotland..and tests may be different with different results. So I am asking you please do not withdraw from a forum you started because of me. I am only one person and only have my experience. .all of us,are valuable to learn from each other and to support each other, I am praying you reconsider.

Pam

• Posted

I wish you would reconsider. I am just now understanding cushings. And you have helped me a lot. I find everyone experience to be equally appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.