Tomorrow I'll do colonoscopy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, tomorrow I'll do colonoscopy and I'm so stress, nervous, anxious, and terrified. I'm afraid of the pain and so confused about the sedation and its effect. Anyone did recently colonoscopy??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No pain, only pain the prick of needle in back of hand for sedation.

The sedation they give you has a non remembering effect, thats why they use it, you just go to sleep and wake up and they tell you it is all over, and you will think what happened, nothing as far as you are concerned.

your GP should have explained to you better than he has, and or his nurse what happens and why, but at the same time up to you to ask and not be afraid to ask.

I have found with husband the more questions I ask, he has heart failure, and I have made a point of educating myself so I am using correct medical terms, the better I am treated, maybe they think I am a nurse, and I am not going to tell them otherwise unless they outright ask me, as some have done and I answer them truthfully.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.