Tomorrow Starts Week 10 - Mirt WD

Posted , 6 users are following.

All I am going to say is that I still feel horrible, period. On the other hand, I went to the pulmonary doctor today, and guess what? "you need to find you a good anti-depressant!" I couldn't believe it. He also said that the insurance companies have it so that if the ER doc doesn't find something to admit you with, you can forget it. He even said that people who are sick should be admitted, and tests done until everything wrong is addressed. Anyway, I need a pulmonary function test, and I have to go out of town to get one. Our hospital isn't very big. Thanks to everyone who have helped along the way. David         I will keep posting until I am well, or dead (you will know this by me stopping the posts)

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Physical problems can crop up on the tail end of MIrt WD. Yes get to the larger hospital. Yeah they hand these AD like candy just so they don't have to waste time getting to the real problem and they can go on vacation I guess  Sorry but FT! 

Hang in there in there. Keep moving forward. ❤️

• Posted

My heart goes out to you David,so much sufferingand you are now on week 10.

Some of these doctors are a disgrace and the pulmonary doctor obviously is in that catagory!

Yes ,do keep posting David and may today be better.

• Posted

So unfair the suffering you're going through, my heart goes out to you David. Please keep posting so we know how you're doing.

I really think these docs don't have a clue, I'm just off the phone to my doc to explain my 'symptoms' he said no way is that withdrawal 4 weeks later, 2 weeks withdrawal is the max!

Hoping you find relief soon

• Posted

Brandy, I guess that two weeks is the max, and since we were given the Remeron in the first place, we must mental cases and don't have enough sense to know how we feel. I guess if he told your body that you are no longer sick, then you are no longer sick! I mean after all, you are paying him for his education and experience! It must convert from mirtazapine withdrawals to something else in 14 days. Get well soon, David
    • Posted

I also told docs about change in toilet habits & was told that's nothing to with mirt - funny how it all started 2 weeks after stopping mirt, he also tried to up my normal Effexor by double the dose telling me I'm under a lot of stress at the mo & that's what's causing me to think I'm in WD! Told him I was feeling quite well mentally but he wouldn't have it - said its in my subconscious & to ring back in a week if I'm no better! Felt like I was being a nuisance & that by doubling Effexor it'll keep me quiet - I'll not be taking the double dose as I don't think or feel as if I need it. Doctors really need to listen to what we are saying!

Get well soon David

• Posted

Brandy, I found out a long time ago, there is a world of difference in a doctor, and a business man who has MD on his name. Get well to you too!
  • Posted

Aw I m sorry to hear that your chest is getting worse,I ve only just found out a lady who withdrew at the same time as me has suffered with her lungs since withdrawing.Please keep posting and tell us how you are,I agree with Rose,mirt seems to cause real illness in some people, I guess I got away lightly because I wasn't on it for long.getwell soon and I m sending you and youa getwell hug from England and a hug for your wife 😊
  • Posted

David, so sorry to hear you are still struggling. Having seen so many others before you struggle so much, it leads me to believe this drug is far more dangerous than the doctors or pharmacists let on. I believe there are those who can get off of it without much problems, then there are the rest of us. Struggling just to get through the day.

I am still on 7.5, having tried twice to get off this crap. I am inclined to just stay there, or maybe try for half that dose and remain on it until I die. I don't believe I am having any symptoms or problems with the dose, so I am terrified to try to get off of it once again, even using the CITA method.

Hang in there, David. We are all rooting for you.

I hope you suffering is nearing its end. And I hope your pulmonary tests go well.

• Posted

Hi Kathy,

i totally agree with you! The problem with this site is that people come and go. Those most affected by the WD have gone but gone on to get some very bad physical stuff. The facebook page would allow us to grow in number wether we want to post or just stay out of it but it's the numbers we need to present to doctors or to lawyers. How could it be easier to get a lost going? Im not good with leadership im better with playing backup. If you have any ideas let me know and whatever you do don't go off of the mirt. love yah talk to you soon.....

• Posted

Thank you Kathy. I was at 7.5 when I stopped. Had I not had side effects that involved my heart, I would probably still be on them. Now I read that the Phenergan that I was taking for nausea isn't supposed to be taken if you have heart rhythm or respiratory problems, both of which I have. I can't win. David
    • Posted

Maybe ask the doc for zophran. Look it up, first, to be sure you can take it for nausea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.