Tomorrow starts week 11 since cold turkey stop off 7.5

Posted , 3 users are following.

Tomorrow I start week 11. There were several who started getting better at 12 weeks. My main remaining symptoms are stomach cramps, churning bowels with gas pains, appetite still sporatic, epigastric pain, fatigue, vertigo, tremors. Maybe others. The main ones are the digestive issues and pain, and they all come and go. I am feeling better from time to time, sporatic. Epigastric pain and palpitations kept me awake most of the night last night, but has eased a little now.  I wish luck to all who are visiting this site due to mirtazapine misery. David

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi David. May I ask why you stopped cold turkey, how long were you on mirtazapine and how the Wd is affecting your work life. Also how's the anxiety? My biggest problem when I miss a dose is that I get anxious over the next few days
    • Posted

I was on 45 for almost 8 years. I tried tapering the first time, and it didn't work. When I went off the first time, wd was a dissaster. My GI doc put me back on 7.5, and a year later I stopped cold turkey. I am still having a little anxiety. I am retired, so work isn't an issue. David
  • Posted

Hi David great as always to hear from you, glad you are finally acieving some albeit brief,respite. I have followed you from day 1 and been praying for you. I think I told you I'm March my dose went up from 30 to 45mgs but was feeling like a zombie so began halving pills to 22.5. No ill effects but more energy, I think 45mg just to strong, I'm just over 5' and slim. Also I've been increasing water and trying to eat healthy, green juice now incorporated daily. I'm seeing my GP on Thurs so will post again on Fri. You and others have been inspirational to me and I thank you so much for your honesty. Wishing you peace and hope the better spells continue to increase in frequency and length of time. Bless you x
  • Posted

MM... MirtazapineMisery... I like that! Even though it's awful, horrible, sad!

I've been taking 1 Mirt last week because I was feeling so awful. Before that I think my last Mirt was April 28th. So far I havent had withdrawal symptoms. Though the gastric issues I have too. They may come from the new meds I am on though. Or just being really sensitive and whenever I am stressed I get the runs... who knows.

I wish you luck for the 11th week and hope you feel better soon!

Maybe a ginger ale or two can help relieve the pain at least a little?

• Posted

Bless you! Ginger Ale is carbonated, which makes gas in the bowels, which makes my IBS and SFS worse. But thanks anyway! Also, thank you for the well wishes. David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.