Tomorrow Surgery

Posted , 8 users are following.

11 AM preop. 1 PM surgery. About to take my first glass of the preop prep🤢🤮. I'm in good spirits but quite scared. Odd this. Whilst in the military I wasn't scared of much. Anyway lads & lasses this is it, no more pain hopefully. I cannot wait to eat a roast, pizza, or a taco without worrying it'll rip me up. Hope everyone is doing well. Cheers, Jacob.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Wishing you the very best - it is so worth it. Prayers!

• Posted

Sending you well wishes! All will be fine!

• Posted

Wishing you a speedy recovery! You will do great! Prayers your way.

• Posted

Jacob, I prayed for you and when you feel like it please keep us updated and share everything about it ! Blessings & Healing!

• Posted

Good luck Jacob! I hope you get the results you want and soon will be eating all the foods you miss.

It is totally normal for you to be scared.

• Posted

For those of you lot who've had this surgery will there be a breathing tube? I'm assuming yes. Also, I was told this would be 3+ hours of surgery, however I've also been told in reality it's more like an hour forty-five. Any clarity would be brilliant. Cheers, Jacob

• Posted

Wishing you the best Jacob.

• Posted

Waiting to go in preop at the moment. Very nervous mate😬😬.

• Posted

I didn't have a breathing tube up my nose, though I did have a drain plugged into me for a couple weeks following surgery for blood and fluids to run off.

Recovery was extremely painful for the first few hours of waking up, but it only gets better once the surgical pain passes, I can confirm I can eat really anything after recovery without pains from surgery back in October!

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

• Posted

So, I'm currently on massive amount of IV painkiller. The surgery wasn't as bad as I thought. I'll update you lot more after the pain subsides. Thank you to all of you for the support🇬🇧👍🏻

best, Jacob

• Posted

Good deal! I was in recovery for 2-3 hours cause the anesthesia blocked my brains ability to block pain, so when I woke up I felt eeeeeverything!

I was in ungodly pain for 4 hours after waking up, and had a Dilaudid button I could press for two days, but they had to open up my entire chest again.

Glad your on the other side sir! 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.