Tongue atrophy/muscle loss in tongue

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone and sorry for the pain and suffering you or your loved one is going through.  Has anyone seen a wasted, atrophied tongue like mine?  Neuro said possible Bulbar ALS but not confirmed.  Going to the ALS clinic in a month and tired of waiting. Tongue and mouth have incredible feeling and taste (saliva) sensations.  I have searched the net and only found a couple of examples like mine. 

Question is: Has anyone seen an atrophied tongue like mine?

Thank you very much,

Bill

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am 55 years old , and I have the same as well as my right arm is getting weaker every day.

and what I have is Bulbar ALS which has been confirmed.

Please ;if yo u find any cure do share it with me my email is

thanks

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Hello Khaled2002,

I am 58 yrs old and so sorry you were diagnosed with Bulbar ALS.  I'm waiting on the clinic to confirm my diagnosis and have little hope there is a cure out there.  How are your symptoms?  My mouth and tongue feel like they're dieing but I still have mobility.  I guess Bulbar will take your respiratory and food intake first then the rest of your body will follow.  So sorry anyone having to go through this and will keep you posted on any future diagnosis.  Good luck Khaled2002!

Bill

• Posted

Just wanted everyone to know, diagnosed with PBP on 1/12/18 and going to the ALS clinic 1/23/18.  If you start to notice extra saliva in your mouth and in one or two nights your tongue loses half its muscle tone (atrophies) then I would certainly get this checked out by a neuro.  

Thanks,

Bill

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.