Tongue attached to tonsil side

Posted , 3 users are following.

After my tonsillectomy like 3 weeks or so. I noticed that my tongue was hurting and become attached and some how grew together with the space where my tonsil used to be. Any body had this before?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had a tonsilectomy on one side 6/3/16 and I just now noticed the same thing happening to me! Have you been to your ENT or asked about it??
    • Posted

Yes they say it's normal and that you will notice it less and less as time goes on.

• Posted

Thanks so much for the reply! Does your ear still bother you? And do you think yours has changed much where the tongue is connected?
    • Posted

My ears don't hurt any more but my tongue is still connected but the tissue has loosen up so it isn't as tight as it was before. You welcomesmile

• Posted

Hi

I was just wondering how you got in with the tongue attached to where tonsil was? Did the tissue loosen? I would be very very appreciative to hear how you got on

Kindest Regards and best wishes

• Posted

Hi

I was just wondering how you got in with the tongue attached to where tonsil was? Did the tissue loosen? I would be very very appreciative to hear how you got on

Kindest Regards and best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.