Tongue Biopsy

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone had a Tongue biopsy and if so how was it in terms of recovery time etc

I know people have different pain thresholds and different biopsies

Thanks

G

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

around 2 weeks recovery time it can take a little longer tho

• Posted

Yes i had a tongue biopsy a few years ago. The procedure itself was painless as the local anaesthetic used was very effective. What they didnt tell me though was that my speach would be unintelligible for a couple of werks which as a Teacher/Trainer was extrememly inconvenient! I drank a lot of consome soup. Good luck!

Deb

• Posted

I have had 2cheek biopsies that took about 3week to heal

• Posted

hardest part for pain was the shot in the tongue. if you get laser surgery, the recover/healing time is quicker.

• Posted

Maybe I was lucky when I had a tongue and cheek biopsy a couple of weeks ago. There was only a bit of discomfort the next day and the stitches dissolved in a couple of weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.