Tongue Burn

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

Ive had problems which ive been told is silent refulx (lpr).  Currently im troubled with a sometimes coated tongue (which isnt thrush) and a few red patches.  This i believe is quite common.  My burned patches seem to be in the middle of my tongue, wondered if anyone else expereinced this

Thanks

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes I've ha that sometimes and inside my mouth it does go. My cworsexatvboresent is sharp chest pains moving down abdoman
    • Posted

i find it strange that its the middle of my tongue and not the back, as if the acid is missing the back and goes straight to the middle.  I get some chest pains too from time to time
  • Posted

My burning togue switches from the centre (sometimes) to side (sometimes)to tip of tongue and never at the back. I had this during the 5 months of ppi I was taking and continues after i was stopped taking it.
    • Posted

Sounds very much like me.  Do you find you have a bad taste in your mouth at times too?

• Posted

couldnt really describe it as 'bad 'taste ..just the burning takes  away all the good taste from food..somedays i get it the whole day..no matter what i eat/dont eat, somedays parts of the day where the burning is not noticeble. 
    • Posted

Im the same, sometimes its very sensative, sometimes its not - but the red patch is still there. very aggrivating
    • Posted

yes it is...I would love 2 get rid of my deep red/ purple burning patches and enjoy food all of the time 
    • Posted

just back from my drs about the tongue problem - they are so not at all interested.  ive to try esompeprazole instead of omeprazole, but to be honest they didnt even want to look at it.  i guess its encouraging in a way as its obviously not serious but when i asked what the problem was he actually said im sorry i dont know
  • Posted

Yes when this all started I had big red bumps on the back of my tongue and it was swollen and red on the right back side of throat. I think it was mainly on my right side because I usually sleep on my right side so the acid probably just laid on that side of my throat at night. My doctor put me on 40 mg of omepozol and I've been taking that before and not eating past 7:00. So far it seems to be getting better.
  • Posted

Yes when this all started I had big red bumps on the back of my tongue and it was swollen and red on the right back side of throat. I think it was mainly on my right side because I usually sleep on my right side so the acid probably just laid on that side of my throat at night. My doctor put me on 40 mg of omepozol and I've been taking that before and not eating past 7:00. So far it seems to be getting better.
  • Posted

They put me on an antibotic too which seem like it helped too because it could have caused an infection

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.