Tongue changes

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi has anyone notice changes in the tongue I have a severe dry mouth the tongue is white sometimes.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria,

This was one of the first things i notice when i found out i was going through the peri menopause. I was suffering with really bad insomnia and anxiety at that time. Are you drinking enough as you might be dehydrated? 

How have you been feeling?

Best wishes :-)

• Posted

Hi Samantha are you saying you have a dry mouth and white tongue..I'm worried it might get thrush in it..I'm not good feel terrible from not sleeping and not myself can't do no house woirk not happy Anxiety got me I feel like I'm nervous inside shaking out side. Or could be tremors, I worrying puts me off my favorites foods, I just told my dr that I lost a bit of weight and she concern and checking my white blood cells for infections..but it's me no appetite but I listen to bit music cheer myself bit and I find later in the afternoon I w ant to eat, you don't know how long I w old be this way I'm post next month I hate to go out feeling like a zombie and feeling weird, how about you thanks for asking.

• Posted

Hi Maria, 

Sorry to hear your not feeling good!

Are you going through the peri at the moment? I too lost weight, i feel that was my anxiety caused that.

No white tongue now, i had swabs done and all came back clear, that is when i knew i was going through something my FSH level confirmed that. 

I am okay i have the odd good and back days of insomnia, anxiety and get scared of the most stupid things.

Go to your doctors and ask for a swab to rule out thrush.

Good luck 

• Posted

I had this dry mouth at the beginning of peri and my dentist sent me to dentistry and they couldn't find anything wrong the did loads bloods and said they think it's Anixety causing it..but will again ask my dr for mouth swab as you said..I got health Anixety too thinking something seriously wrong with me all my bloods are ok so far the white cells she said are ok just bit high so she did them again to rule out infections in the body just hoping it's fine too, I'm ending peri menopause this month come Feburary begins Post menopause.for me at last but the crap I guess Carrys on.

• Posted

Hi Maria.  Did your dry mouth ever get better?
    • Posted

Hi 2chr, yes my dry mouth has got better thank God six months into Post menopause I can say it's now a mouth to have back..all the Anixety has lessen I'm still hot but not as bad so maybe things are improving slowly, I go out and about now more often and catch up with friends...how about you since I last spoke to you how are you doing please let me know.

• Posted

Hi Maria.  Thanks for replying.  I am  in the crazy part of Peri,  bogged down with symptoms.  I have an occasional decent day, but I’m usually stressing about one symptom or another.  I am being treated for oral thrush right now.  She wasn’t positive but she gave me some mouthwash that should take care of it if it is.  It is mostly just a white coating, but I have these weird white patches too.  It happened about 6 months ago too. The dentist biopsied it and it came back as nothing.  Talk about anxiety!!  That was awful😩.   So I am hoping this mouthwash will get rid of it.  Well when I get rid of this, it will be something else.  Lol.

I’m glad you are doing better.  Thanks for asking how I was.  Please stay in touch

• Posted

Hi, always remember meno goes away with time nothing is forever I know it does not feel like it now but believe you me you will get better ok HUGS
  • Posted

Yes, I have dry mouth on and off. Dentist said all was fine and doctor looked and said nothing.

• Posted

Hi Michelle, it will go way with time it's hormones messing about but it eases I'm Post Meno.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.