Tongue sensation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi to all the health anxiety sufferers,

just looking for reassurance that someone out there has had a cold/tingling tongue? it's on the tip and one of my most recent symptoms.

I am also experiencing;

muscle twitches

eye floaters

hand tremors

arm weakness

occasional burning sensations

depersonalisation

internal tremors

The dr repeatedly tells me it's anxiety which I'm pleased about but just so hard to shake off the 'what ifs'. Dr has done basic neurological checks and all is ok, as is blood work.

Please help!!!! 😭

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

please remember that people get all sorts of sensations throughout the body and 99% of the time it’s nothing serious. The tongue is a very sensitive Organ and it’s not unusual to have the sensation you are having.

I have had tingling on my tongue with warm and cold sensations many times. It’s important that you don’t overthink these things. Be happy because all your testing was normal! Anxiety can affect every part of the body so what we need to do is just except the fact and live our lives with an attitude of gratefulness!

I have also had all those other symptoms that you listed and occasionally still do but since I know they are not going to hurt me, I ignore them and live my life! i use meditations to relax my mind.

I can tell you one thing for sure. The what if thinking is a complete waste of time. That’s because those thoughts are not based on anything factual. It’s based on pure emotion which is fear and fear is not based on reality. I wasted many years of my life doing that and I will never do it again! so please find joy in your life because life is very short. Enjoy the here and now. The past is gone in the future doesn’t exist yet. Take care

• Posted

Thank you Jan! Always reassuring hearing from you. I will start the meditations as this may ease the burden of my racing mind. Take care!

• Posted

Jan, have you also experienced that tingling/burning/coldness around your lips and down toward your chin?

• Posted

Hey Julia, yep, had the same symptoms. And the cold tingling? I get that all over: tongue, back of throat, scalp, arms, legs, torso, eyeballs too!

When that stops, on with the next symptom. Now its night tremors when falling asleep, and slight tremor of both hands and sometimes chin. I tell myself its anxiety but I get you when you say "What if..."

Maybe when our lives get back to normal..?

• Posted

Hey Julia, yep, had the same symptoms. And the cold tingling? I get that all over: tongue, back of throat, scalp, arms, legs, torso, eyeballs too!

When that stops, on with the next symptom. Now its night tremors when falling asleep, and slight tremor of both hands and sometimes chin. I tell myself its anxiety but I get you when you say "What if..."

Maybe when our lives get back to normal..?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.