Tonsil stones

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok I have had bad allergies and I felt like there was something stuck on the right side of my throat and I stuck my finger back there and this hard stuff came out...this has never happened before so of course I'm freaking out thinking I have throat cancer...I did Google and says its tonsil stones but still freaking out...anyone have this before

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Does not sound like throat cancer 

do you still have your tonsils? Many times debris can get caught  in the tonsils like food, mucus etc. overtime it hardens that’s why they call them stones. Not dangerous.

not sure if that’s what you have. Ask your doctor. You’ll be fine.🙂

• Posted

Yes! My daughter had these went to the doctor. You are fine. Do not worry this happens to people it is harmless. Hope you can now put your mind at ease. Scared us too, but your fine. 
    • Posted

Thank you...I am going to call my dr to let her know...I more calm now too
  • Posted

Hey,

I get them all of the time they are completely harmless they're just a bit of a nuisance when you can feel them.

Don't worry smile

• Posted

Is there a way to prevent them...and now I wont even smoke cause I'm so affraid

• Posted

Well they come & go for me but just make sure that you brush your teeth/use mouthwash and have overall good mouth hygiene. I'm not sure if there is a way to completely prevent them...

• Posted

And don't be afraid, they're completely harmless smile.

• Posted

So after you take it out is it tend to be sore on that side
    • Posted

In my experience, it can be sore in that area if they are big.

I'm dealing with swollen tonsils for 3 weeks now, and also getting small stones too, along with a bunch of other symptoms that are freaking me out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.