Tony 15641

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all ive just ad 10day coures of antibotics there is days wen i start to cough then im sick im wondering if anyone else who as bronchiectasis suffers like me

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

HI Tony. Yes, sorry to say we all suffer from this horrible disease. Some times it's worse than other times. Rest, rest, rest is best. Take care and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

• Posted

Hi mizsuzyp i do try to rest wen im sat i just fall asleep then wen wake up wonder where i am i take carbosteine tabs but dont think they doing any gud but thanks for ur advice ope u feel better soon
  • Posted

Hi Tony, I was diagnosed September last year. I coughed so hard that I vomited. I ended up in hospital with phneumonia and then 3 weeks later was back in with a chest infection. I thought I

was never going to feel well again. Being in hospital they put me on a nebuliser and had intravenous antibiotics. I have been feeling great ever since. I still cough but not as hard as before. I now take a symbicort inhaler twice a day. Fingers crossed it will stay this way. It will get better so keep thinking positive and go back to your gp if you still dont feel great. Dont leave it thinking it will get better on it's own as thats what i did. Good luck x

• Posted

Thank beverley for ur comment when went to doctors they trying to say my diabetes not helping wat load crap but im glad that its working for u i will be paying another visit to doctors but see someone else ope u carry on being well
  • Posted

Tony,

Sorry to say but it's part of the illness. I was diagnosed with Bx 5 yrs ago, but have had breathing issues for 30 yrs.

Over the course of 20 yrs, I've had numerous ER visits, hospital stays and bronchoscopies. Since I have retired two years ago, I have managed to stay fairly stable, due to the fact that my health now comes before my job.

The trick is to find the right balance of meds that work the best for you. I found this forum about 1 1/2 yrs ago and it has helped me alot. Also, you may want to check into vitamin and herbal supplements. Learn how to clear your lungs by posturing and letting gravity help. Do you use a nebulizer? A smart vest? Or a flutter valve?

Take care, Beth

• Posted

Hi elizabeth ive ad chest infection for last 2 yrs just found out month ago it bronchiestsis ave been put on carbosteine 6 a day but dont seem to be helping dont use nebulize or smart vest or a flutter vaulve wen i went to doctors last week all they said is hospital consultant as explained wat u ave got to me G P ave no idea took them 2 yrs to send me to chest clinic i agree its nice to know other people on ere know wat we going through

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.