Tony 15641

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all ive sent sputum sample to my Gp still waiting for results is anyone same as me i thought with been on antibotics in past that they wud make sure that i got antibotics asap but i dont think GP care we all know our selfs if we got the horrible bug growing again feeling bit down at moment is this natural only ive only ad bronchatis since feb still falling asleep during day but nurse said its not tab im on they call them carbocisteine 375mg i was fine before i started these but dont seem to help get sputum up

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tony , my GP gives me what he calls ' rescue antibiotics ' IE a course of the last type I've taken , whilst waiting for sputum results . This stops any infection really taking hold . And I have to say , so far , with everything crossed , it works !

As for carbocostine , they don't actually bring the sputum up , they thin it , which in theory , makes it easier to shift with your chest clearance exercises !

hope this helps, and that u feel better soon 

• Posted

Bricklayer i dont know ow to do chest clearance excercises been waiting for physo since feb but going to make appt with doc ask for some rescue antibotics not that doc dont tell u everything its since ive been on ere wat people tell u which is nice to know there is help on ere knowing other people are going through the sane thing ive got other health issues get sick of taking tabs but thanks for advice
  • Posted

Hi tony ,sometimes it's hard to deal with bx I had the same problem about three month ago ,ask your doctor for a recuse pack I have one now at least it keeps it at bay while your waiting ,also ask you doctors about azithromycin I take them three times a week ,it's a antibiotic that help you keep the infection from getting out of control ,it don't help with all people but it helped me ,so it might be worth trying ,keep your chin up I know how you feel but you get such good advice from this forum it is brilliant for

People in the same situation

Take care Joanne

• Posted

Since You're in the UK ask the go to send you to pulmonary rehab and ask them to teach you those exercises.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.