tony 15641

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all went to doctors yesterday due to still cougin green sputum up bear in mind just finished 7 day course antibotics doxycycline gave me another course of Azithromyvin went to chemist got to order them now got to wait till monday afternoon anyone else same problem.as me

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tony! I have never taken doxy and am allergic to AZ. I take Levaquin 750 for 3 weeks. 7 days seems like a very short course. I even took a 4 week course once. I would never have improvement that quickly. I have BX, asthma and pseudamonas. Best of luck to you😊

• Posted

Hi Debra I just wish they would find antibotic to help with this sputum can't seem to get rid of it but thanks for advice Tony

• Posted

Hiya Tony,

I have been on Azithromycin now for 1 year and it has really controlled all the basic problems that BX has given me so i hope you will see a big change by taking it as prescibed which is 3 times a week,but it seems that what i have been reading on this forum that some people only get a 7 day course which most be for a bad infection which it will kill,but being on it as long as I have and others also on this site

had made a big change,but as always there are pros & cons on this site.

I return to the states next week so I Plan to ask my doctor again about using it long term,but you will see a change for the better as you take it.

Best,

Charlie

• Posted

Hi Charlie well I ope so but been on antibotics for 2 yrs now still not found one what helps me ope u get sorted out at doctors best tony
    • Posted

Hi Tony. 7 days antibiotic is a waste of time. You need 14 days plus prednisone (steroid). I sometimes feel as though doctors are saving their budget or fobbing us off
    • Posted

Hi Marion I must total agree with u be glad wen go back to hospital hopefully I get sorted thanks for ur advice
  • Posted

Hi Tony   

Have they taken a sample of your sputum   to grow and get of culture from it ?h

The lab then idenfies the bug  and see what antibiotic will kill it off    

Its a bit & miss   

• Posted

Hi irishrob yes done loads of sputum samples but last 2 came back no bug

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.