Too 2 pills 24 hours apart

Posted , 6 users are following.

Have you heard of side affects or withdrawal symptoms after taking 2 gabapentin pills 24 hours apart?  Want to know what I need to prepare for.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I would like to know why you have decided to stop taking Gabapentin and why was it given to you?.

I wish I had listened to my body, since the first 300 mg capsule made my hands very shaky, but since it subsided by morning, I decided to try one more. 

An hour later, I developed an uncontrollable movement disorder, and doctors refused to tell me I had a 5 mm x 6 mm hypothalamic lesion.

This doesn’t happen very often, even though I found elease on here, under a question, not exact quote, “Has anyone developed eye movements from Gabapentin,” who developed an ongoing movement disorder after using it about 2 weeks. 

You sound worried, but I doubt if your body has developed a dependency on it yet, but we’re all different. 

• Posted

I was originally prescribed the meds to relieve minor side affects from a mini stroke.  Mainly tingling and burning sensations on my left side of my mouth.  But then my doctor said I could also take them for my sciatica.  I took one on Wed before bed and another one last night before bed.  I then did more research and found that although my doctors said drug was safe — well there are issues.  So I made the decision not to take anymore.
    • Posted

I think doctors should prescribe a similar RX, called Gabitril which starts at 2 mg. 

I discovered the original manufacturer of Neurontin, Parke Davis, went through a lawsuit started by an employee who became a whistleblower, who accused them of violating the False Claims Act. One complaint was, they paid a marketing firm $12,000 for each written endorsement, then they would offer doctors $1,000. if they would claim they had written the ghost written article that ended up in medical journals.  That’s the reason doctors claim it’s safe, non addictive, with no side effects. 

My Dr has sent me to two different medical centers, and even though the recent neurologist ordered the right nerve testing, she claims I have Orthostatic tremors. 

That sounded good to me, until I found other people on a support group who can’t even stand up for a minute because their legs shake so bad, they have to sit down. 

I greeted that doctor in the exam room while standing up. She mainly saw a woman who has arms that punch and my facial movements aren’t normal.

Her main point, “I have been prescribing Gabapentin for many years, and no one has ever developed a movement disorder.” I told her it was a rare side effect, but you’d think I had insulted her best friend. 

• Posted

I would hope if you have ONLY taken 2 pills total you will be okay.  If you have been taking 2 pills, 24 hrs apart for years at say 1200mgs you most likely will have some trouble. Hard to say how much trouble.   

Hope this helps. 

• Posted

I was taking 600 mg 300 mg capsules at night for a very long time years I know it least 6 years maybe 7 years and then when my feet started burning they upped it another 600. And that was 1200 all together and I was on at 4 at least so I can every morning thing now three or four years. And because everybody says it is not addicting I went off of all of it I'm managed to get through a month but not without being very ill and trying to get out of bed very dizzy no appetite cuz I get so sick to my stomach. Yes there were other side effects. Finally I found this group and I was like only side effect for me I want to look on the internet for side effects single one. So I went back on my normal 1200 mg. I still don't have my appetite fully. It also made my anxiety and panic disorder like four times worse. so I have totally given up on the fact that I could get off of the Neurontin because that was a horrible experience and yes it is addicting. And I found shortly after I went back to 1200 my feet started hurting again and they're doing better still bothers me from time to time bothers me from time to time and it's only at night. So I would not be the best person I guess to talk to somebody wants to go off Neurontin.

• Posted

It's bad stuff, people who have not take it have no clue as to how hard it is to get off of, don't know if I told you Shewholvs, but I went to smoking pot to stop the pain and so I could sleep.  My daughter came and stayed with me for awhile and helped me.  

Yes, I lost 20 lbs, never have put it back on. ringing in ears is going away, burning in skin is gone, feet are almost okay and the rest of the WD symptoms are going too.  Hang in there, it can get better, time is what we all need to win

• Posted

If I could have smoked pot I would have done it. But I can't because it also heightens anybody who has anxiety and panic disorder most of the time makes it worse. So I truly am afraid trying to do this again. I can't stay in bed all the time I'll be okay for a couple days then I'm back in bed because I'm so dizzy I'm so anxious I'm I have no appetite I'm nauseous and there's just so much and I just don't think I can do it again. So horrible it really scares me.o

• Posted

Good day, I had to go back on my 1200 a night because the with drawl pretty much keep me in bed very wicked. When I stopped I last smooth 8 pounds. I went back on it about 2 months ago. But my weight is still dropping. About a month ago I stopped taking my hormone meds. Seems in the past week I dropped 4 more pounds. I'm not really sure what is going on but the Neurontin withdrawal is like nothing I ever experienced before. My worst nightmare and the doctors and nurses say no it's not addicting OH YES IT IS....

• Posted

Thank you everyone.  It has been 3 days since I took the last one and other than panicking about whether I would get some of the withdrawal side affects, I’m ok.  I’m so glad I did research before continuing.  After dealing with after stroke symptoms I don’t want more piled on top of that.  I’m going to tell my doctors about this drug and ask that they at least read the information and consider whether this med is good to prescribed after weighing the risks.
    • Posted

I'm happy for you I wish you only the best and keep you in my prayers. I know I'll never get off of it but I'm so glad for all the ones younger than me can do so. Because my silent medical issues really get you. God bless hun

• Posted

I’m glad you didn’t have any problems stopping after the two doses, except for being afraid you might. You were wise to do research. 

When Gabapentin, 300 mg was prescribed to my husband, within two weeks, the whites of his eyes turned bright red, and painful, so he just stopped it. Fortunately no withdrawals.

• Posted

No, I'm just not sure what to expect anymore. Seems like everyone ( at least on this thread) seems to experience the same basic problems, plus a few odd symptoms like mine with the ears ringing louder that normal..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.