too good to be true!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Evening all.

Just as i thought i waa doing well. Ive started having a panic attack.and googling again. Ive been ok for laat fee weeks ive started having emdr therapy. And been able to do things only tonight my husbans has had to go away for a week im left with the children. 3 times this year ive coughed up blood. Ive had xrays and blood tests all came back clear. But im convinced they are fobbing me off the doctors. I read tonight about a guy who coughed it up and told 5 doctors and they all fobbed him off imtil he went to a and e and he had lung cancer. And then i read even if you cough it up every now and then theres something wrong. Im in the middle of a panic attack and its killing me. Please someone help me.x

Vickyx

1 like, 77 replies

77 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Please. Please, breath, stop googling. I've coughed up blood before, I smoke too. You know deep down there is nothing wrong with you.what ever you google there will be a bad story, or stories! I'm sure if you typed can I get cancer from banging my big toe, a horrid story would come up!!

Please stop googling straight away, you are only making yourself ill. I know its really hard to not think about it, but you deffo can stop the googling part cant you?

Its all anxiety promise.

Xx

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I just feel its all true on google and theres something seriously wrong with me. I only googled tonight after my husband left for work for the week. And i got scared and started thinking what if! Im on my own with the two children. I have no family to support me. Apart from a friend but she had her own family. I dont smoke. But do have a lump always in my throat and forever thinking something is there. Doctors have said im straining and making my throat raw. Im not convinced thoughx

Vickyx

• Posted

Anxiety also causes a sensation of a lump in the throat, anxiety causes all sorts of sensations , its awful. Are you more worried about the paniky feeling right now?
    • Posted

Yeh and after googling im worried there is something seriously wrong. I do take medication i suffer from servere health anxiety as you can probably tell. Xx
    • Posted

Yep lool I can tell, so do I, and you see, you saying that has proved that you know deep down this I health anxiety!! Right Dee breaths, go make a hot drink , sit down and start writing you Xmas shopping list, or put one of you favourite tv shows on , I always have a really hot bath and hot drink and put something funny on tv, even though I've seen it a million times. What meds are you on?
    • Posted

I take citlaopram and propanolol and sleeping tablets. But with my husband away i dont take them with being on my own as my youngest is only 5. The blood what scares me. Even though its been a tiny bit. I think ive got cancerx
    • Posted

Do you have a bad cough at the moment? I did last year, the tissue at the back of the throat is very tender, I strained so much a bit of blood came up, it did scare me, but I new I was straining a lot. I promise its anxiety and its making you panick. Just imagine it isn't cancer and you are putting your self through all this. Its ever so hard I know, I really do know. Plz hun try and do somthing else to distract yourself. You have to tell your self, even if it was your worst fear , nothing can be done right now? Drs would know if it was something, they would send you for tests.

Please hun try and tell your self that.

Xx

• Posted

No cough but always feel like something is in my throat so always trying to remove it. And feel like i cant breathe with this lump. Its never alot only a bit with mucus. But still scares me. My panic attack is easing now . I need to stop googling i only do it when im having a bad day

How long have you suffered for mines been since feb. But always had depressionx

• Posted

I've always had health anxiety, but not really bad. It got really bad only 2 months ago, when I had a bad reaction to citalopram, took 1 tablet and I had such a major panick attack and felt detached from my self. I thought I was going mad, as I've had 2 friends who actually had schizophrenia, I went to hospital, they told ne i had a bad reaction, all night I had waves of panick, didn't sleep, and everyday for a month, I thought it would go, bu t I kept thinking I was going insane. Then deeper depression set in too. So I had no choice but to go back to the Dr, she said I had to take antidepressants, I was soooo scared , because of what citalopram did to me. I started taking just a quarter of the pill for few days then after a week I took the whole tablet and its been 3 weeks now. I'm a lot better, but I'm still scared I'm going mad. I won't dare google anything, because ill get in to a state, I'm sure my symptoms may fit. Sorry long story lol

Are you ok now ?

• Posted

You have been through the wars

Im not scared of taking tablets its dying that does me and leaving my children as there my world. Im on the higher dosage of citlaopram to be honest i dont think they work for me i can manage the depression

its the anxiety.

Yes i do thank you so much for the reassurance. And any time you need to talk i will be here for you. I need to stop googling my husband took my internet off but i find away to google. Even if its my sons. Its like an addiction.x

• Posted

Thank you Vicky, that's,why I scared ide hate for my kids to be taken from me, or see me go mental, its on my mind because I've seen it hqpoen to 2 friends, thank you for offering me support too,,I may take you up on that one da.😊

Do you find cbt helps??

• Posted

Cbt helped to a certain extent its taught me that its all in my head and the worst case senario and problem solving. But i suffer with trauma from my childhood. So in order to help with my anxiety i have to have a therapy called emdr and then i can put the cbt into practice. You wont go mental you seem to strong from what you have been telling me. And you have your children. They will stop you from falling.xx
  • Posted

I understand how you feel, I have bad health anxiety and every little thing becomes the worst worry in the world. I've also had emdr in the past,and I absolutely hated it,I found it made me much worse and more sensitive. I know its great for some but I'd never go near it again
    • Posted

I went on wed my first session and not very hopeful it will work. My mind does over time and i get so far i end up having a panic attack. There not as bad as they used to be. How do you cope?

• Posted

Well,I spend as much time in therapy as I can,and the rest is staying away from Google and just trying to keep things as normal as possible. It's certainly a lot of hard work
    • Posted

It is its every where i go theres something about a disease. Even snow white gets killed! Ive been ok for a couple of weeks. And then started again tonight googling coughing up blood and then led to a panic attack. And they really drain me. Did emdr work for you? Ive had cbt that didnt work and accupunture that was more relaxing than anything.
    • Posted

Emdr no I found it made me worse and yes CBT is generally utter garbage. I often have one to one therapy,there's lots more than CBT out there,a good therapist should discuss whats available
    • Posted

Ive had counselling thats not helped either. Im hoping this emdr will to some extent. Thos therapist said it would. But how does he know everyone is different.
    • Posted

Don't you think some councellers aren't any good? You need to like them for a start and be ready. There is some one out there. It was a physiologist that helped me although I had a barrier for 10 years
    • Posted

I really hope this guy can help me. Ive tried a few things and nothing has helped so farx
    • Posted

You'll be amazed what some can do as long as you want to help yourself. If not try again. I'm liking mindful colouring books at the moment. Seems to calm the heart down. 

I hope it goes well x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.