too good to be true!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Evening all.

Just as i thought i waa doing well. Ive started having a panic attack.and googling again. Ive been ok for laat fee weeks ive started having emdr therapy. And been able to do things only tonight my husbans has had to go away for a week im left with the children. 3 times this year ive coughed up blood. Ive had xrays and blood tests all came back clear. But im convinced they are fobbing me off the doctors. I read tonight about a guy who coughed it up and told 5 doctors and they all fobbed him off imtil he went to a and e and he had lung cancer. And then i read even if you cough it up every now and then theres something wrong. Im in the middle of a panic attack and its killing me. Please someone help me.x

Vickyx

1 like, 77 replies

77 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi ladies.

Hope you are both ok?

Its been a long day. Felt shaky after the panic attack yesterday i hate the after effects it has.

And lisa its bananas when you have had a wobble ive recently had accupunture and she said bananas have been proven to work as they have a chemical in. She also said to have a banana a day. I havent as the children take them. And they never tell me when we need more.

Ive been to school to pick my youngest up and took the dog so had some fresh air.

And your medication will take time you will feel fuzzy but you will adjust just dont not take them as you wont feel the effects of them. What medication are you on?x

Vicky x

• Posted

I had a really good day, helped my friend move house, colected my daughter from school dis a food shop, came home cooked for me and kids and couple friends, but now I feel anxious?? I do a lot every day, is this not good, I'm thinking maybe its not good to keep blocking the anxiety?? Or is it the right thing to do? When I'm very tired , the anxiety does creep up. I think I best start eating more bananas, funny I didn't know about it, but its something I have been eating each morning! ? Is I meant to calm the anxiety?

Hope your ok now Vicky?

Xx

• Posted

Hi.

When i first became poorly with anxiety in feb. I started taking my medication i felt like i had failed and wasnt strong. But i take my medication and feel better you dont block it its still there. But its not as servere as it would be without it.

Your feeling anxious because youve not had to think about your illness youve been busy amd now you can relax your thinking more. Thats how i started last night was on my own so googled and it spiraled out of control.

She said bananas help with anxiety. But ive read so do cashew nuts as well. X

• Posted

Im ok. I fell asleep at 8.30 and ive just woken up. I must have been so drained.

Its takes it out of me having a panic attack.x

• Posted

Thank you Vicky, I guess that makes sense. I am very tired too, I need to learn to relax, and I want to feel content within my self 😐 I guess I need more time, its been 3 1/2 weeks so far on meds, my head feels strange, no pain, just sort of tight heavy feeling, like I feel the medication in my brain, if that makes sense, or maybe I'm de bb ydrated and tired I don't know 😞 lool

Glad ur ok this evening though, was tough for you last night ! Xx

• Posted

Yeh it is a weird feeling at first. But i always feel in control. It takes a few weeks before they settle in. Your probably tired as well with moving your friend. You sound like you have been busy today.

Last night was tough my friend came round today and she pointed out im having a panic attack once a month. When i first started i was having them all day every day. They are horrible.x

• Posted

What's your profile pic? I can't find you! Mines a dog. Lisa warren x
  • Posted

Hi ladies! 

Hope you are all both well!

i sent a message but included my email so the site is moderating it. It's good to know they do this for safety. ( I did t think about it before!) 

my situation is average, my daughter however struggles with a combinations of things: DID, psychosis,   anxiety, mood swings, possibly Bpd. My anxiety is understandable I think. I take citalpram which is great for me. 

Hope you both had a good day x

• Posted

Morning lisa.

Im ok thank you. I had pains in my chest last night but i know thats down to anxiety. Im just waiting on going to the hospital for my next therapy. Will see how i am after and what this next one brings.

Aww your poor daughter has it all? It is really hard bless her.

X

• Posted

Hi.

I use to do yoga and still do the breathing a lot of the time (it became natural after a while) it helps so much with controlling chest pains and anxiety. 

Have you gone down the road of breathing tecniques? You need a good teacher though! 

I suppose I can happily say as you get older experience helps, that or your brain develops a way to shut things out that ! 

Hope your session goes well. Probably just what I need to do again! 

Have a good day x

• Posted

Hi Lisa, hi Vicky, I'm not too bad today, just keep getting headaches everyday!! I want to try the yoga too. Swimming is really good, and helps me sleep, havnt been in ages though. I was watching a youtube documentary on peter Andre, as he suffers from panic disorder too, he was saying how at one point he suffered 20 to 30 full blown panic attacks a day for 3 years. If he can get better from that, then there has to be a way we can too.

Xx

Just thought ide share my thoughts with you both lol

• Posted

Oh yeh i watched that last week about it. He was on peirs morgans life stories. Ive had therapy today it was very upsetting today for me sad and i feel drained all my body aches me.

Ive been taught the breathing techniques lia but when my anxiety is bad it takes over. Hope you have both had a good day today? Xz

• Posted

Awww why was it upsetting? And I'm ok, just headaches, slightly anxious 😩
    • Posted

Hi!

so hard to track messages on here. We could have our own group with a three way discussion. It was my suggestion as I didn't want to air my situation to the public. I half did anyway. The forum removed my email. 

I hope all is good with you x

• Posted

Not bad, getting there slowly, like I said to Vicky, keep getting headaches everyday, so today I'm going to make sure I drink lots of water, dont know if that will help. I slept well Las night, just need to keep busy, otherwise I feel anxious.

How are you? Xx

• Posted

Hi. 

Have you tried neck exercises? Obviously headaches can be caused by anything and dehydration is common. 

My normally come form my neck, especially when I'm fed up and hang my head low to hide! 

Hope your headache are better today x

• Posted

Hi Lisa, how are you today?

I made sure I drank more water today, and so far no headache, also came on. Slept well last night, been busy all day, get the slight anxious thoughts, if this would go, ide be saying I'm better! But the anxious over thinking is hard part! 😞

I saw another thread on her about hitting 4 months on meds and getting a dip, like going back down hill again, that's worrying me too. I never want to feel the way I did qt the beginning of all this. 😓

• Posted

That's great. Is t it good to be able to control your own ailments ( even headaches) and all through water! 

You couldve been me an taken pain killers, but no, you did it the healthy way and treated the cause. That to me doesn't show someone who is likely to end up with unwanted meds. Sounds like your a fighter underneath. 

Saying that, I agree with meds to give yourself a break when needed. If only we could all go to the sun, have nice nights out giving us things to look forward to more. The majority would all be fine! 

Well done you! X 

Sleep well xx

• Posted

Awww thank you so much, I never thought about it that way. And of course medication is needs some times, that's why I'm on antidepressants, never thought o would EVER take them.

How are you doing?

I reqlly do hope your doing well?

Perhaps you will see this in the morning. Hope you have agood sleep too.

Xx

• Posted

We all think we will never never anti depressants but then we also don't realise how complicated hormones, chemical reactions to them and stress can be. Honestly, some of the things that are thrown at us! 

each thing is a challenge and we learn when we stop running. It's not always easy but we live and learn. 

I believe our strength is our weakness, we just have to work it for us. 

On that note... I'm fine, just had my medication upped and ready to live. Well, sleep better, work n run the house! There will be better things to come but 'normality' is enough and I'm greatful when I have it. I wouldn't want to be around me without the pills! 

Hope you have a nice weekend xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.