too late to treat depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

i'm currently 42 years old.i already received treatment by take medication two and a half month.i feel too late already to receive treatment.i think my symptom such as many things come on my head just like dizziness 6 years ago.now the things gradually i feel disappeared such as enjoy the pleasure.any idea?

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Patrik

If you know what is causing your health poblems, your Doctor will treat it to make you better

You need to contol your fears and get on with your Life, I feel you are now understanding that

BOB

• Posted

thanks so much.at the same time i also taking several supplements which i hope might help to deal with this situation.
    • Posted

Yes many on site seem to get a benefit from suppliments. I prefer to control my food intake, fruit and vegetables seem to help me with all their natural goodness. We eat upwards of seven portions a day

BOB

• Posted

I dont quite get what you mean but if its too late for you at 42 ( which it certainly is not) then where does that leave me at 70????

Medication for dperession is supportive maintenance not cure, therapy is the only root to any level of cure, but you just need the right meds I think go to your doc

• Posted

LOL, gill. I'm in my fifties and have been recieving treatment for the last decade. One common comment I have heard from docs is that depression diminishes (not completely) as we age. Have you found that at all?

• Posted

Hi Patrik - no it's never too late to deal with depression. Give the meds time to work, be open and honest with the doc, keep a journal of how you feel if that helps. Things will get better. 

Oh, to be 42 again...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.