Too many Bowel movements and always feeling like I need to go

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I've never done this before but I'm getting a bit deprate for help so here goes.

I'm a 27 year old female with IBS but for the past 3 weeks I've been dealing with a constant problem. It started with my period and never left. I'm having 4-7 bowel movements a day and I never get any relief after a movement, its just a continous feeling of pressure/pain around my tail bone area. There's a lot of gas and it's not plesant when I pass stool. It's almost like my body is processing the food I eat too fast somehow? 

Please help, my Kiaser doctors aren't getting me anywhere and saying its alway becuase of my anixtey.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like an IBS flare up.  Try Imodium to slow your bowel movements down and try a food diary or the low fodmap diet to see if a food is causing it.   Pain round the tailbone area is common with IBS because the lower portion of the bowel wraps round your lower back.  Periods can make IBS worse.  Every flare up is different and symptoms can change.  Symptoms can come and go or be constant.

Anxiety does make IBS worse; your doctor is right about this. Monitior your stress levels to see if anything is stressing you.  I have loose/urgent bowel movements or diarrhoea when anxious.  Do not worry!.

• Posted

Hi F

I have experienced much of the same issues as you. 2-3 urgent bm’s in the morning hours and after meals. Very loose...

I know use the fiber supplement “psyllium husk” and it has improved a lot the last couple of weeks. Still loose/soft but only once in morning and maybe once at bedtime.

I hope you find relieve - it is truly horrible and anxiety makes it a vicious cycle... I know - I deal with health anxiety.

- Troldepus

• Posted

Hi FF, do what I did, I hit rock bottom because of the pain last week and had the sense to ask about it on here, some clever lady called Donna said speak to your chemist, so there we go. Hi see your chemist, they'll not know your IBS the best and if they're like mine recommend something to help with. Good luck try it and see how you get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.