Too many doctors with no answers

Posted , 3 users are following.

My headaches started around February and towards the beginning, I was continually diagnosed with a sinus infection by my PCP. I was given antibiotics for a week with no progress. I then went back and was given the strongest antibiotic they had for two weeks with still no relief. Then they gave me Prednisone for a week but I was only able to take it for a couple days before stopping due to the side effects. Since then the headache has been ever constant sometimes worse than others. I then went to an ENT who wanted a CT scan of the sinuses which showed a little swelling but nothing that he thought would cause the headache. I then went to a neurologist who wanted a CT of the Brain which showed nothing. Then I had an MRI which showed nothing. I'm currently taking Nortriptyline which is not helping in the slightest. My headaches seem to be closest in description to tension headaches but with an almost ever present lightheadedness sort of dizziness that has kept me from driving sense about April. I feel like I'm out of options because I am at a loss for answers.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

could it be stress 

is there any stress in your life right now?

• Posted

No, the only thing I'm worried about is if this is going to keep me from going to college in the fall.

• Posted

all i'm worrying about is if catch up at school- i've had a headache for 9 weeks

good luck though

• Posted

I understand completely I was on homebound from school for my last two months of high-school and it was a struggle to keep up on the work. Good luck to you too!

• Posted

thanks

even tho i've said it once i'll say it again, good luck smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.