Too many meds

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I have been diagnosed with bi polar and OCD. I am on a plethora of meds that include zyprexa, seroquel, lamotrogine, valdoxan, lithium and clonazepam. Apart from being concerned about the long term effect of this cocktail I hate the weight I have put on particularly around my stomach. Can anyone suggest what I could do? I have tried coming off zyprexa but became very unwell. Barbie

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

surviving antidepressants org is the site you will find help
  • Posted

Hi Barbie, there are many posts here from people going offer zyprexa and how they progressed. In all, it is an extremely physically addicting drug and care must be taken when going off. It’s important to lower your dose very slowly.

I agree with you that it seems like you’re on a lot of drugs and I find this to be very scary.  It seems the drug interactions alone would put you out of commission. It’s important to manage medications properly do as to avoid prescription drug addictions. What does your doctor say about this? If you don’t get results with your current doctor, shop around for a doctor who can help you. 

• Posted

How long have you been on the meds? Weight gain is almost inevitable with using these meds. Try to exercise as much as you are able to handle and try to stay active to keep your weight somewhat at bay.

If you can come off zyprexa I recommend so highly.

• Posted

HI Barbie

I have to say I'm horrified at the all the drugs u have been prescribed. I've had my own negative experience with psychiatric drugs and foolishly without consulting stopped taking one which I don't advise Best thing u could do is express your concerns and go seek a second opinion and if u end up tapering off some drugs it helps a lot to increase your physical activity eat super healthy and take good quality supplements which u should consult with a healthshop/practitioner

Just approach it very carefully/slowly

All the Best

Kerry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.