Too much air flow entering nose when inhaling

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just wonder if anybody has experienced this before. It just started three weeks or a month ago, and right now I feel so uncomfortable whenever I breathe. It feels like there is too much air entering my right nostril whenever I breathe. So I need something to block my right nostril to feel a bit better but if I do this for too long, I feel uncomfortable too.

At night, I feel worse, because the same thing happens because I am a side sleeper, whenever I sleep and breathe, so much air esp cold air entering my both nostrils and I feel it is really hard for me to sleep.

I do pick nose sometimes and pluck nose hair. Whenever I pick my nose, it is the part that is visible such as the opening or the very bottom of the nasal cavity.

When I examine my nose, I can only see nose hair and the nasal hole. That is it. I have never done any surgery or turbinate reduction. Last couple months ago, I had some blockage in my nose at night but I felt normal and comfortable even nose blockage at night during sleep. But now, I have no nasal mucus, no blockage at all but instead my nose feel so empty and when I breathe, there is too much air entering it.

BTW, how do you guys check the turbinates when examing your noses?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.